2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

12 hours ago, Cancer said:

Meh, just under 11 times the distance to the Moon?  That's not even close enough to vandalize.

...but it'll get the blame if Philly experiences a late-game collapse and Tom Brady wins another Super Bowl.

Good for Cousins, at least.  Gruden has had a hate on for him since Day 1,  judging by action.  

Edit:  THough, part of me would like to see go to a divisional opponent and see him stick it to Gruden twice a year, but there isn't a team in that division who isn't as big of a dumpster fire as Washington (except maybe Philly who has Wentz)  Denver is the logical choice.  

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Good for Cousins, at least.  Gruden has had a hate on for him since Day 1,  judging by action.  

Edit:  THough, part of me would like to see go to a divisional opponent and see him stick it to Gruden twice a year, but there isn't a team in that division who isn't as big of a dumpster fire as Washington (except maybe Philly who has Wentz)  Denver is the logical choice.  

That Gruden is a complete idiot.  It would be perfectly in character for him to force out the one QB who could actually run a Jay Gruden my-way-or-the-highway offense.

From what I read Cousins is likely to go to Denver or Arizona, and will be able to name his price.

If he's naming his price, I'm predicting Arizona, then. John Elway has been notoriously penurious with quarterbacks in general, Peyton Manning notwithstanding.

Who's the biggest/best free agent QB after Cousins? Tyrod Taylor? 

10 hours ago, Starlord said:

Thought Cousins had a pretty good year considering he has no WRs and his TE was injured most of the time.

Yes, he is not elite, but he is a generally solid QB,  with a defense to help him and a decent target or 2, he can be successful.

Denver probably just needs something better than crap.

6 hours ago, Old Man said:

Colin Kaepernick  :fear:

True, but Cousins and Taylor will get you at least that level of performance with less drama.  Regardless, of one feelings on the subject that will go nameless.  When going for a job, less drama will beat more drama everytime when all else is equal.

Edit: And regardless of one's feelings on him, Kaepernick has made that bed for himself, and we and him have to accept that fact if he goes for another job.

Well, according to the local paper.  Washington is going to the playoffs next year because Alex Smith is a winner :fear:

If all they change is QB, and they do make the playoffs, then Alex Smith will have to be burned as a witch, is all I am saying.

Note:  ANd they claimed, Cousins=too much drama.  Well, yeah, if you get franchised 2 seasons in a row by a team who acts like they wish you'd disappear, and whose coach seems to hate your guts, yeah you'd be testy too.

Note: It's saying something when I say the dumbest sports article I've seen in a while