2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Never will understand.  If I got me a franchise QB, I'd liable to pick a lineman in the first rd the next 5 drafts  (ok that might not be quite realistic,  but I am firmly in the belief that the most important part of your offense is the line, because if you don't have a competent one, what else you got on offense inst worth a ####)

...as the Donkeys have so poignantly demonstrated this season.

Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin on Thursday-night football: 'This s--- should be illegal'

From the article:

"If you're going to give us the Thursday-night game ... maybe give us a bye week before."

The PAC-12 does it that way. There's no reason the NFL couldn't do the same. Sure the logistics could be tricky, but the multi-billion dollar league could afford to pay people to figure things like that out.

Or, they could just play the games on Sunday and Monday night.

12 hours ago, Enforcer84 said:

Just remember, the players are only resources. 

Well, for good or bad, that is called life everywhere.

Still, have 2 games on THanksgiving,  you can be forgiven to doing that to 4 teams a year.  If really have to be fancy with your schedule, put games on Saturday after college regular season winds down.  (I know they at least used to do that some)

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 12:30 AM, st barbara said:

Up until their surprise win last  game I would have said that that was something well within the capabilities of the 49ers as well !

Yeah, I thought the 49ers are the worst team in the league.  The Browns are semi-competitive depending on the week, while the 49ers get blown out nearly every week.   They got lucky and drew a crapshow of a Giants team, that is probably the only team left they had a chance to play even close to. 

Of course, it screws up the lock they had on the #1 pick,  now they have to hope for a Giants win, and 2 Browns wins (tall order for the former, and virtually nil for the latter*)

Don't know how tie-breakers work with that.