Mental illusion and Mind Control damage

dsatow

Question

I have a concept for a supervillain called Dum Dum.  Dum Dum regresses his target to a child like state and then uses his mental powers to dominate them.  The regression is a separate attack and not under question.  His mental powers however...

He simultaneously hits the target with a mind control and a mental illusion.  He can for instance say to the affected. "Lets play cops and robbers.  Those guys are the robbers.  You're the cop.  With your toy gun, stop the robbers."  The target would then see the targets as children playing robbers with him as the cop and for him to use his "toy" gun to stop the "robbers".  

My question is, with the two powers linked, which would take precedence as the mental illusion would effectively modify the level required for the mind control.

:fear:  Bonus Question! :fear:   While the mental illusion is in effect, the target sees the illusion.  After they break free, do they know what changed in the illusion.  For example, in the excerpt above, if a security guard was under the influence, does he remember playing cops and robbers as a child or does he remember shooting his real gun at the targets?

1 answer to this question

As noted under Linked, "if one of the attacks reduces or affects his defenses or CV (for example, a Drain PD or a Flash, or a Drain EGO Linked to a continuing-effect Mental Power), the other attack applies first." By analogy, that same rule applies here:  if the Mental Illusion would make the Mind Control easier, the Mind Control applies first. (And vice-versa.) If for some reason either of them has that effect on the other, the GM should work something out to prevent it from being a game balance problem.

The rulebook has a section on "Remembering The Illusion" in Mental Illusions's description. I believe that answers your question; if not, send me a PM clarifying things and I'll come back here and make changes.