Looking for interest/players : DC:TAS online game

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Maccabe

Maccabe

Standard Superhero

• 436 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Dark Champions The Animated Series game.

Saturday Morning animated cartoon (In Color!)  

Vigilante/Street Level

MUST follow "HERO CODE" and have a motivation to fight crime.

Hudson City Powers Option[ 150 base + 100 disads= 250 total ] 5th Edition

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.-Jorgue Luis Borges:king:

#2 Christougher

Christougher

Incorrigeable Tinkerer

• 680 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Color me interested.  Where/when/how would the actual game be running?

Jake Sweeper: I gotta ask, Chris, anyone ever accuse you of overthinking? :) Narf the Mouse: ...Yes, they have. Chris, you're overthinking it.

#3 Maccabe

Maccabe

Standard Superhero

• 436 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

The game will be done online using a site, you can pace yourself and post whenever you want and then I'll respond.  So there is no real time to post. Helps a lot when you have an odd schedule.

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.-Jorgue Luis Borges:king:

#4 Shadow7

Shadow7

Standard Normal

• 25 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Sounds interesting, will the players run independent missions or just wait for each other to respond?  Also how well do you have to know the Hero System?  Still new to it and not completely grasped all of it even though I played RPGs many years ago...

Shadow7

#5 Maccabe

Maccabe

Standard Superhero

• 436 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

You don't really have to know the HERO system at all, just have knowledge of the genre.  As for others, players can interact with each other on the same mission.

I'd prefer to keep the size of the "team" small.  This game will take place in modern day real world, 2016 Fictitious city.

I'd like to know what you want in a game, since you guys will be doing detective work and possible research to solve problems.

I ran a "serious" game, not in the sense of lacking comedic villains or having the occasional pun, joke , or other comment about your situation;

If a guy in a chicken outfit tries to ruin Thanksgiving by stealing turkeys from local supermarkets, I expect someone to say "The fowl/foul fiend"

yet realize while this guy may be nuts he can be dangerous.

#6 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

Decuple Millennial Master

• 12,061 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

What are the build guidelines? DC, AP limits, etc?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This Week in MMOs

#7 Shadow7

Shadow7

Standard Normal

• 25 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

Well I know the genre, I have all the books on Dark Champions: the Animated Series, Hudson City: the Urban Abyss, etc.  I would love to play, just never have been able to figure out the rules or the character creation to make a street level hero.  I would love to play, if someone can help me put together a character and everyone would help me learn the rules.  I promise to be a fast study.  I have played Champions, but I must admit I use the LARP rules since they are so much easier to figure out when you are trying to learn on your own....I have a couple of character ideas, and would be interested in playing a street level detective realistic to semi-realistic game with overtones of a serious nature.....eg.  Chris Nolan's Batman movies and Arrow tv series.   

Shadow7

#8 Maccabe

Maccabe

Standard Superhero

• 436 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Char 10-30   Spd 3-6   CV 4-9    DC 6-10   Active Points 40-60   Skills 60-120    Roll 8-/14-  Def/Rdef  10/6

You will be costumes crimefighters, You will need a "theme" for your character 

#9 Christougher

Christougher

Incorrigeable Tinkerer

• 680 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

Please tell me that's a typo on skills...  60-120  points?

Jake Sweeper: I gotta ask, Chris, anyone ever accuse you of overthinking? :) Narf the Mouse: ...Yes, they have. Chris, you're overthinking it.

#10 Maccabe

Maccabe

Standard Superhero

• 436 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

I'm flexible depending on the concept. As long as it stays within the "spirit" of the genre.

http://www.sysabend....orh/gnborh.html

Spiderman  has about 30 pts in skills and 65 in his multipower at least.

Daredevil has 63 pts in skills  and 70 pts in powers  

Hawkgirl has 26 pts in skills and 82 pts in powers 

The guidelines in the book call for ; 90 pts in skills and 70 points in powers. 

#11 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

• 12,061 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Please tell me that's a typo on skills...  60-120  points?

Looks like it's Dark Champions: The  Animated Series pg. 11. (Text description on pg 10). 5th Edition.

Here's the text block:

Hudson City Powers: Characters are built on 250 points (150 Base Points + up to 100 points from Disadvantages). Normal Characteristic Maxima rules do not apply (but see page ??? regarding equipment). In general, street-level superhero should allocate approximately 90 points to Characteristics, 90 points to Skills, and 70 points to powers and gear. For suggested point and eff ectiveness [sic] ceilings, see the accompanying text box.

This Week in MMOs

#12 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

• 12,061 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Oh, also interested. I thought I'd officially declare that, if you still have space.

This Week in MMOs

#13 DasBroot

DasBroot

Very High Powered Superhero

• 642 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

I am also interested if there's room - street level guy with a gimmick is one of my favorite genres for heroes. 

"I threw a rock at him!"

*silence*

".... it was a *big* rock."

#14 Maccabe

Maccabe

Standard Superhero

• 436 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

I received requests from 4 players so far, 2 have given me complete characters. I'm going to go over all of them this weekend, so unless someone has a really cool concept I will stop looking for other players.