• 2 solo 4 teams
    • 1 solo 5 teams
    • the solo is a duo
    • 1 of two solos is a duo
    • 2 of 3 solos is a duo
    • 3 of 4 solos is a duo
    • 4 of 5 solos is a duo
    • 5 of 6 solos is a duo

O.k. so far we have six comics, with the heroes spread out in made up cities, a kitchen sink approach to powers, and for the most part a modern age tone. Which takes care of the broad strokes. So it's time to start getting into the details. With only six books we'll have to abandon things like an anothlogy series. Which leaves the question of how many heroes to put in each book.

Six heroes who are part of the same story and ultimately get together and form a team.

I have a twelve part story focused on a superheroine who returns after being inactive for five years, and how she organizes a team.  It's set in a universe where superhumans have always existed, and being a superhero is a career choice.

Personally, I'd see the books changing over time.

They'd start as six solo titles, and evolve according to sales figures.

Where I would see them ending up would be:

1 team book

3 solo books (one could be a duo)

1 "tryout" book - similar to DC's old Showcase. New characters every few issues. The ones that sell well could be incorporated into the universe on an ongoing basis. The others would basically be dropped, unless they are brought back for whatever purpose.

1 team up book - either similar to the Brave and the Bold, with one ongoing character, or just any two characters. Or alternate between these. So it would sometimes be (say) '"Spider-man" and (this issue's guest star)' and at other times two guest stars.

Given the options in the poll, the closest would be 1 team book and five solo books. Two of the solo books would be duos, although one of these duos would have a varying composition.

When I did "Excalibur Comics" in my "Populating the Golden Age" thread, I did 1 team book ("Knights of Excalibur"), 1 preceved hero/sidekick book evolving into a two person team ("Steel Saxon/Longbow/Longbow And Steel Saxon"), two duo books ("Mountain Comics" and "Dragon Comics"), two solo book ("The Blue Knight" and "Cowboy Comics/The London Cowboy"), and a comic which is a general purpose book ("Excalibur Comics" which the comic company got there name). That is six comics.

Eventually, at the end of the Golden Age, there are only "Cowboy Comics" (which turned to western stories, through the viewpoint of English writers), "Excalibur Comic" (which returned to stories of King Arthur, Robin Hood, and The Blue Knight's preceved midevil adventures), "Longbow Comics" (more Robin Hood and William Tell stories), and "Mountain/Dragon" (general adventure comic). Only "Knights of Excalibur" retaines it's superheroes, but slowly evolved into an annual repeat format.

During the Silver Age, there is "Blue Knight And His Science Knights/Arthur, King of Science", "New Knights of Excalibur", "Freak Force" team book, and a "Young Animal" solo series, along with "Cowboy", "Longbow", and "M&D Adventure Stories".