Champions Villain (Volume) 4: Organizations; What Do You Expect Out Of This?

steriaca

More development about the various supergroups of Villains contained in Champions - Villains Teams and with organizations like Deathstroke, ARGENT, etc.

Including plot devices, synopsis & scenarios ideas, and what each of them intend to do, how they will do it, and what their resources are. 

What I would hope for most from this book would be an update to DEMON. One assumes that Luther Black's apotheosis scheme in 2012 failed, but we have no idea what's become of DEMON since. Close behind that would be expansions to ARGENT and the IHA. They're long overdue to be detailed in a single official source. To be honest, all-new orgs aren't as exciting to me.

More development about the various supergroups of Villains contained in Champions - Villains Teams and with organizations like Deathstroke, ARGENT, etc.

Including plot devices, synopsis & scenarios ideas, and what each of them intend to do, how they will do it, and what their resources are. 

Since this book will be Champions Villains Vol. 4: Organizations, I feel pretty confident that the straight-up villain teams will be left to CV 2, the book devoted to them.

EDIT: Thanks for catching my mistake, QM. :thumbup:

Hopefully a better Demon. Cant say I was too thrilled with the 5th editon Demon servants of Darkness. I don't hold out much hope for the return of C.L.O.W.N.

D:SOD is my favorite incarnation of DEMON so far, and I know I'm far from alone. "Better" is to a large extent a subjective assessment. But Steve Long is no longer making the decisions for what's included in the Champions Universe, so CLOWN is at least conceivable. Assuming Hero Games retains the rights to it.

D:SOD is my favorite incarnation of DEMON so far, and I know I'm far from alone. "Better" is to a large extent a subjective assessment. But Steve Long is no longer making the decisions for what's included in the Champions Universe, so CLOWN is at least conceivable. Assuming Hero Games retains the rights to it.

The only problem with DEMON 5th/6th edition is this: they put a date on the master plan, which came and went. Now the writers have to decide "what happened", and how DEMON can go on in the aftermath of what they tried (and mostly failed) to do.

As for CLOWN, who knows...but having a lighthearted organization who is not trying to rule or destroy the world would be refreshing. And add a social concess to them... ;)

I wasn't a big fan of the 5th ed version of Demon either (sorry, Dean). It just didn't vibe with my type of campaign, to be honest. 

As far as the book, I'm hoping for revised stats and concepts for Primus, UNTIL, Viper, IHA/Genocide (still prefer the latter), and ARGENT. 

The only problem with DEMON 5th/6th edition is this: they put a date on the master plan, which came and went. Now the writers have to decide "what happened", and how DEMON can go on in the aftermath of what they tried (and mostly failed) to do.

From the viewpoint of D:SOD being a useful source book for our own campaigns, that's a non-issue. All you need to do is push Luther Black's 100th birthday ahead however many years you want. But for official setting continuity, it eventually becomes a problem. But remember, the book was published in 2004. I'm pretty sure Steve and Darren were thinking at the time, "If we're still publishing CU books after 2012, we'll decide what to do then." Who knew? :rolleyes:

The closest thing we have to a canonical fate of the Leap Day working is in D:SoD pages 155-156.  Whether the writers of CV4 decide to stay with this explanation or go with a new one is entirely up to them.

I wasn't a big fan of the 5th ed version of Demon either (sorry, Dean). It just didn't vibe with my type of campaign, to be honest. 

As far as the book, I'm hoping for revised stats and concepts for Primus, UNTIL, Viper, IHA/Genocide (still prefer the latter), and ARGENT. 

Just to clarify, the 5E DEMON was developed by Allen Thomas, not Dean Shomshak. And you absolutely have the right not to like it for your own campaign purposes. Ditto preferring Genocide to the IHA.

I would dearly love to see PRIMUS finally get an updated book treatment; but as the proposed book is in the Champions Villains series, I'd be very surprised to see it or UNTIL more than mentioned there.

The closest thing we have to a canonical fate of the Leap Day working is in D:SoD pages 155-156.  Whether the writers of CV4 decide to stay with this explanation or go with a new one is entirely up to them.

In either case, DEMON was so much the tool of Luther Black, and so focused to his ultimate purpose, it has to be substantially different now. I wouldn't necessarily expect major changes up to the Morbane/Demonhame level, but the leadership must have seismically shifted.

In either case, DEMON was so much the tool of Luther Black, and so focused to his ultimate purpose, it has to be substantially different now. I wouldn't necessarily expect major changes up to the Morbane/Demonhame level, but the leadership must have seismically shifted.

A civil war among surviving Morbanes to determine who leads and rebuilds DEMON.  Now that is a scenario worth writing...

VOICE of Doom - Reimagined.  

Terror Inc. - Reimagined. Clone vs Revenant. 

Cult of the Red Banner - Expanded. 

Los Asesnios - Reimagined.  

LEOPARD - Law Enforcement Operations Paranormal Active Response Division. Super Agency of Central South America, the Caribbean, and Mexico. Lead by a former Superhero. 

Mandate: Law Enforcement in Latin America. Working closely with UNTIL and PRIMUS. Strong anti-corruption bias. 

Allies: UNTIL & PRIMUS.
Enemies: El Terror Incorporado, Los Asesinos, & VOICE. 

Latin American Superheroes  

VOICE of Doom - Reimagined.

Terror Inc. - Reimagined.

Los Asesnios - Reimagined.

I don't think Hero has ever offically owned VOICE. Terror Inc. is unofficially recreated in Villain Codex 2. Offically Terror Inc. is dust (and I only suggested a writeup for the agents and a "what has become of them" section). As for Los Asesnios, unless they have an agent arm (and they may just have one by now...with all thoes Terror Inc. guys looking for work, and the Vampire Stalker never leading the team...), you may never see them here.

Here is the list of villainous agencies know are in the Champions Universe.

ARGENT: Basically a 90% chance to get in. I expect a high degree of combat scientist and mercenaries. Any "super villain arm", if any, will be a short list of people ARGENT has worked with over the years. I'm hoping for Beamline.

The Cabal: Perhaps the second oldest group here, at least in the criminal world. The agents are basically British brutes. The saving grace is the chance to see modern Champions states to the ancient leaders of this group, "the Professor" and "the Cournal". Heck, we might even stumble upon the legendary Fu Manchu himself.

DEMON: What is really needed is the answer to the question "what happened" and "what now". I see the group splintered. On spite Luther Black's ...whatever... I see the Inverted Trinity still around doing Black's work in spite of Black having 'accented'. Some of the Inner Circle Morbain still follow the Inverted Trinity out of fear. But the Trinity without Black seems random. Other Morbain felt betrayed so they splintered away, but are afraid enough to avoid the Inverted Trinity.

More later...(insert Jojo To Be Continues arrow here)

Actually, I'm pretty sure Hero Games does own VOICE. Years ago when I was looking to start a thread on (an earlier incarnation of) these forums unofficially updating and expanding VOICE for 5E, I asked Steve Long if it would be alright. He said it would be fine as he had no intentions for using VOICE.

The potential problem with fitting VOICE into the official CU, is that it's conceived of as a significant player among world criminals, and its leader Lung Hung has been meddling in global affairs for a long time; but the big players in CU history have been pretty well defined to this point. Lung Hung and VOICE would need some tweaking to fit in. As a component to be inserted into someone else's campaign world, though, VOICE is awesome IMHO.

Errr is CU actually open for development or owned and controlled by Cryptic Studios ?

Does even Hero Games still own anything about CU ?

Whoever owns Champions Online officially can call the shots, but they have there hands full with the computer game.

Now, let us talk about VIPER. VIPER I suspect will take up a good portion of the book. Between the various normal agent types and the various Dragon Branch members, that will be a lot of character information. And, honestly, many of the Dragon Branch members are classic villains which should be written up. Half-Jack, Ripper, Boa Constrictor, Freon, Occolon, it won't be a suppliment without them.

The only problem? I don't think there would be any new information about VIPER.

Dutchess Industries should be a separate organization in the book (and not directly a part of VIPER). The only write ups should be the DI Security Agent and maybe the Dutchess herself. There connection to VIPER should be mentioned, but it should be stressed that DI is a legitimate business.