steriaca

Champions Villain (Volume) 4: Organizations; What Do You Expect Out Of This?

Star Guard International (SHADO tribute) were out of Super Agents. They still around in any form?

I just realized that the SHADO reference meant you were thinking of Near Space Defense from Super Agents. No, there's no dedicated anti-alien combat force in the current official CU. However, UNTIL does have an orbital space station, "Gateway," as well as a permanent lunar base, which are early-warning observers for alien visitors/ invaders.

I just realized that the SHADO reference meant you were thinking of Near Space Defense from Super Agents. No, there's no dedicated anti-alien combat force in the current official CU. However, UNTIL does have an orbital space station, "Gateway," as well as a permanent lunar base, which are early-warning observers for alien visitors/ invaders.

Yes! That's the one. NSD.

So... probably more forgotten by the powers that be than actively nixed? IIRC pretty much nothing was ever done with them after Super Agents (which was a 3e product, after all...)

Well, NSD presupposes a certain relationship between Earth and aliens -- only known aliens apparently hostile, their existence not publicly acknowledged, a secret non-governmental agency in a covert war with them -- which doesn't apply to the official CU in either its 4E or 5E incarnations. There humanity is well aware that multiple alien civilizations exist, some hostile and aggressive, others friendly.

Yes, NSD. Memory fail. I have Super Agents sitting in my reading pile. I would bump it up, except that I've just blah blah-ed about Traveller, and I've got my drama about Star Girl to work up, and... darn, I have a bunch of gamerishness to deal with.

Before I move onto serious stuff. :(

Well, NSD presupposes a certain relationship between Earth and aliens -- only known aliens apparently hostile, their existence not publicly acknowledged, a secret non-governmental agency in a covert war with them -- which doesn't apply to the official CU in either its 4E or 5E incarnations. There humanity is well aware that multiple alien civilizations exist, some hostile and aggressive, others friendly.

What about an evil version? They want to keep earth alien free? (Please no political commentary)

...and if you read the headlines it actually says "Champions Inc in Hostile Takeover".

He's not firing some mere board members... he's firing Seeker, Defender, Solitaire, Quantum, Obsidian and Jaguar!

(WHY did I never buy that one back in the day?)

You have to keep in mind how Dr. Destroyer "fires" people.

Good point. When my company's board is fired, I want it to be done humanely and. . . 

Hmm. I must be running quite the fever to say anything that crazy. I think I'd better go lie down now. 

Well, corporations are orginzations also. And there are going to be a few of them in the book, but only corporations who have an agent arm of some kind.

Which brings me to ARGENT. I want stats on a ARGENT Salesman.