4, 5 or 6?

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#261 Nolgroth

Nolgroth

Medium unnatural humanoid

• 9,385 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

I'm the inverse. I use 6E as a base and cherry pick things like Instant Change, Transfer and and Always On Growth. Sixth Edition does some great things, but it also adds some unnecessary complexity.
  • Spence, Netzilla, Ninja-Bear and 1 other like this

#262 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,772 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

I just looked at Green Dragon in CC: He has Dodging and Delfecting: + 4 w/Block only vs physical objects (-1). Netzilla & Cantriped a tip of the hat to you both. And now I'll use this as a default of -4. I'll use this power as a basis for "missile Deflection". Also for what's it's worth an old time hero player and friend remembers that in one edition, it mentions that missile Deflection can be viewed as a type of active Dodge. Active in the sense you have to make a roll whereas Dodge maneuver just adds to your defense-no roll.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#263 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,772 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

So based on that new knowledge, here is what I have for Crusader.

Questionite Buckler: +4 OCV (3 cp) w/Block & Dodge OAF (-1).

One with Buckler: +3 OCV (2 cp). Note that if Crusader doesn't have his Buckler, he can't use these CSLs with his regular Blocking Ranged Attacks.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130