Adjustment Powers - Fade Rates

Steve

Question

I have several questions about fade rates on Adjustment Powers.

• The standard fade rate for Adjustment Powers is five points per Turn, so I'm wondering if there is a Limitation I've missed seeing somewhere to do a fade rate of five points per Phase instead?
  • I've seen examples of Adjustment Powers made Instant for a -1/2 Limitation, losing all of its effect at once, so is there any mention in the rules of changing the fade rate to be per Phase? Perhaps as a -1/4 Limitation?
  • Since the standard fade rate is set at five points, would a ten point fade rate be an alternative that might also be worth a -1/4 Limitation? I don't recall coming across any discussion in the rules about toolkitting the fade rate amount up or down, so I wasn't sure if this was mentioned somewhere and I've missed it.
  • If a character wanted to have a fade rate that was something other than five points, like losing one point per Turn instead, could that be legally done by adding the Advantage that delays the fade rate up to the Minute level and then portioning it out per Turn instead of it happening at the end of each Minute? Is it legal to portion out slower fade rates this way?

1 answer to this question

1-3. See APG 56 for the Increased Return Rate Limitation.

4. That’s up to the GM, but apportioning the fade/return rate has always been something the GM can adjust (no pun intended!) if he wants to. Some GMs prefer a smoother rate of return than 5 points at the end of a time period.