Size Templates in HD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shuddemell

shuddemell

Wandering Taoist

• 122 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Has anyone discovered or developed a way to implement size templates (that is for creatures that are permanently large, small, or whatever) in Hero Designer. As a 6th Edition campaign, growth as applied in HD is pretty much hamstrung for usefulness in this regard.

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
Nikola Tesla

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee

For you see we are aimless hate filled animals scampering away into the night.
Skwisgaar Skwigelf

#2 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

That's because Growth is intended for characters that can change their size.  Characters that are innately large (or small) purchase the appropriate abilities and complications to match -- there are suggestions on what these may entail within the 6E rulebook, which HD fully supports.  If you want to make it somewhat automatic, you can "Save As Template..." once you've got the basics setup the way you want them on a character.

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#3 shuddemell

shuddemell

Wandering Taoist

• 122 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Yes, that was the way I handled it for the size template I had to use, it's just tedious to have to build one for each and every size template being used, but even with a template, it won't change mass, etc. Okay, I figured that was how it would have to be, just hoped there was an easier way.

• Hyper-Man likes this

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
Nikola Tesla

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee

For you see we are aimless hate filled animals scampering away into the night.
Skwisgaar Skwigelf