Would you allow this power: I know a guy

JmOz

I KNOW A GUY

Summon 25-point creatures, Expanded Class of Beings (Very Limited Group:  humans; +1/4), Loyal (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Specific Being (+1) (16 Active Points); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2), OIF (Token, cellphone, or costume (Depending on the character); -1/2), Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4)

Real Cost: 6

The power represents an extremely well connected guy, but his contacts kind of come and go If you get what I mean

Wouldn't contact at most levels be cheaper?

Contacts represent a specific person like Jimmy Two Toes the local dock racketeer. This summons represents anyone the character can justify calling to get information so maybe you can get Jimmy, or maybe Big Mike, or Sal, depending on who answers the phone.

CES 

What about it being a foci?  The idea started based on "The Shadow" and was to represent the rings that Identifieedd them to each other...

That's fine for a phone. If they all belonged to the same organization, an identifying characteristic might be added on for the summoned character (must possess ring, brand, blind eye, etc)

CES

Contacts represent a specific person like Jimmy Two Toes the local dock racketeer. This summons represents anyone the character can justify calling to get information so maybe you can get Jimmy, or maybe Big Mike, or Sal, depending on who answers the phone.

CES

You could do an organization contact to represent a pool of different contacts that can be grouped together. Instead of knowing one police officer, you can have an entire police department as the contact. It's triple the cost but still worth it.

This is more of a representation of the character who knows "Somebody" from different walks of life.  I am thinking The Shadow here, who has all the people he has saved as "agents"..  In the Dark Champions book they talk about doing something like this with a resource pool, but if you are not using that book...

FYI, resource pools are also in APG1.

The focus seems okay to me as I took it as the character's way of identifying his or her self to the prospective contact. As it's Obvious, I would assume almost anyone would recognize it for exactly what it is. Could lead to Secret ID problems.

There's nothing wrong with the power, I think it's fine.

If the GM wants to add an element of GM control he can require it take No Conscious Control as a limitation ... and adjust the value of that limitation from the base -2, downward, to represent how frequently the character might NOT actually know a guy.  (i.e. At -1 No Conscious Control value, the player should expect the power not to yield results 50% of the time; at -1/2 No Conscious Control value, the player should expect the power not to yield results 25% of the time, etc.)

Such an approach allows you to exercise GM control ... without invoking GM fiat (since GM fiat is now built into the power as a limitation) ... and without depending on a raw die roll (i.e. Activation Roll ... or a Skill Roll) to represent whether the character knows someone.  If you'd rather rely on die rolls to govern the success/fail rate, then that's an option, too.

Such options let you find the balance you feel is right for your game ... without saying 'no'.