IA for multiple vehicles

Opale

Hello !

I wish to know how I should create an IA, able to "animate/use/drive" multiple vehicles, one at a time ?

I guessed pay for the IA and it's programs, but then what ? Possession for vehicles only ? Multiform ? Shapeshift ? Mindcontrol ?

What's the most appropriate and "by the rules" way to do it ?

Regards

Opale

The most "by the rules" way to do it is for each Vehicle to buy the AI as part of its build. Potentially expensive, of course.

If you have a GM who's willing to be a little flexible, perhaps you could try this:

1. Build the AI, giving it the necessary Skills to operate any of the vehicles. If I understand your question correctly, this would represent the "master unit" of the AI, the one that stays back at base (or what have you).

2. Use the 5-point doubling rule to give each Vehicle a "copy" of the AI, representing the hardware/software installed to let the AI operate it remotely. This is technically not allowed by the rules, since you can't "parcel out" equipment bought with the 5-point doubling rule this way, but this is a GM's permission thing.

What do you think, Herodom? How would you build this?

Buy the vehicles as automatons instead of vehicles, specify their way of having their orders changed is via mind link, buy mind link on the main AI?

The AI wouldn't be using its own skill to pilot the automatons - that's built into their build - it would just be acting as a master controller telling each one what to do on its turn.

I would either let the AI pay its own points for the Vehicles, perhaps charging it full cost (presuming that as a Follower it wouldn't pay 1 per 5), or let whoever has the AI for a Follower pay for the Vehicles as well (at 1 per 5).  To let the AI drive them remotely I'd have the AI buy Mind Link to the Vehicles at the "Any of a small group" level (maybe having the Vehicles buy it as well, and Only With Others Who Have Mind Link).  It would need to have Transport Familiarity and Driving Skill in order to drive them, and the 1 point Drive Vehicle program.

Hi there

If you treat the AI as a spirit from the old rules then you can have the AI Shift Spirit into each vehicle.  The 6th edition version would be to use possession.  You could set the vehicles up as automatons with INT and no Ego.  Mind control vs machines would be effective as they would have no EGO.

To be fair if this is a PC you should treat the AI as a Spirit.  Thus these powers have to be bought with the Affects Real World, a +2 Advantage which is pricy.  The spirit world the AI lives in is not Astral Space but the Matrix. 

I combine the following advantages and limitations together.

Affects Cyber World +2A

Must connect via Network (USB, Ethernet cables, WiFi) -1/4L

Can only affect Automatons or Computers w/o EGO, no AIs -1/2L

ICON:  creates a Focus in the Matrix and can see in Matrix or real World simultaneously +0L

Concentration 1/2 DCV, Continuous Must be applied to ICON or MEAT body at character's choice -1/2L

TRACE:  Digital footprints can lead to character's Meat location & what was done, allowing interference from real world (i.e. connection cut), etc, -1/4L

All of this combines to Matrix Access a +1/2A

The spirit is not limited in the Matrix so does not need that set.  To control a turret or vehicle however

Affects Real World +2A

Exists in the Network (no need for USB, Ethernet cables, WiFi ) -0L

Can only affect Automatons or Computers w/o EGO, no AIs -1/2L

ICON:  creates a Focus in the Matrix and can see in Matrix or real World simultaneously +0L

Concentration 1/2 DCV, Continuous Must be applied to ICON or MEAT body at character's choice -1/2L

Can only affect real world  if the device is "smart" and attached to the Network -1/2L

This is Connect to Real World +1/2A for AI spirits.

Finding Programs or Seeing the Matrix is done using Mind Scan.  Some networks are not online and access would have to be gained physically such as possess a drone and install a wireless router or pay some MEAT entity to do it for them.  The Partial Effect -1/2 limitation should be bought which gives out +1 DMCV or more for successful EGO rolls to account for Firewalls.

Attacks in the Matrix are all LOS Based on OMCV/DMCV or Mental Attacks.  Programs usually have Mental defense which represent security or AV that can be circumvented by knowing the passcode, etc.  Attacks on programs are Drain Intellect or Dispels however they are AVAD Mental Defense +0L as the standard.  .  Mental Illusions can spoof IP addresses.  A duplicate can be created to increase number of functions.  Powers must be bought no end or an endurance battery must be supplied.

In this case control of an automaton in the real world  happens via Mind link, Possession or Mind Control.  Mind Scan is your search engine,  Mental Awareness (Matrix) your IO port and Drains, Suppresses, Dispels, Mental Illusions are Security/ Black hat/Anti Virus programs.  One could also use Transform bought OMCV vs DMCV as malware to rewrite code.

Changing the limitations and advantages to one modifier allows these kinds of Matrix powers without jacking real world prices to the +2A or more level.  If hackers are rare then this might not be allowed and real point costs stay extreme but if not then this is a good system for the GM.