Temporal Anchors

Off the top of my head, I would say Change Enviroment or may even a cosmetic transform-temporal lock. The justification is that your character forces electricity to enhance weak nuclear force and any temporal change requires a change of said force. Hence no temperal powers.

Hmm, this is another of those chicken and egg questions. How are temporal alterations enacted in your campaign? If that is consistent you buy the relevant defence.

If, like many campaigns, there is not a tight relationship to that kind of SFX with particular mechanics then you are looking at a number of things. You can negotiate with the GM to have a SFX specific defence. Say, purchase damage negation to a certain level with the understanding it has a limitation (only versus temporal alteration powers) worth exactly the same as its advantage (applies to all temporal alteration powers) and so you pay for it straight.

What that does is provide a broad defence on things that affect you. There is a grey area on things that affect someone else. If your opponent bought auto fire to reflect his time manipulation, would it affect that? A long conversation with the GM is in store.

Off the top of my head, I would say Change Enviroment or may even a cosmetic transform-temporal lock. The justification is that your character forces electricity to enhance weak nuclear force and any temporal change requires a change of said force. Hence no temperal powers.

I'm not sure either Change Environment or a cosmetic Transform would be enough -- as I don't see either of them as being sufficient to prevent ED Movement (to a past or future time dimension -- which happens to be yours), Stop Time, or Replay.

How would I buy a power that would lock down an area I'm in to prevent temporal alterations?

How could I justify it for an electrokinetic character?

I presume by 'lock down' you mean 'prevent'.  If that's the case, the mechanics are fairly simple: use an AoE Drain with the Costs Endurance Limitation to build a Suppression Field as defined in RAW (6e1 p196) ... and then add to it a Variable Effect Advantage ('Temporal Powers') -- which will allow you to use it against any one temporal power effect at a time.  If you have a little more to spend, you could consider layering in the Expanded Effect Advantage such that you can affect more than one temporal power at a time.

If, however, by lock down you mean 'end or halt an existing temporal alteration in progress', you could use Dispel ... ideally with the same approach as above ... giving a one-time (see what I did, there?) shot at ending/halting an in-progress temporal alteration (unless, of course, you layered in Cumulative -- then you could take multiple shots).  This, of course, assumes your GM allows it, since Dispel is not technically an Adjustment Power ... and both the Variable Effect and Expanded Effect Advantages are specific to Adjustment Powers.  (Personally, I'd be surprised if a GM wouldn't allow it and, quite frankly, I'm disappointed that RAW doesn't treat Dispel as a one-time adjustment to other powers since Dispel adjusts a power from an 'on/active' state to an 'off/inactive' state.)

Note that a non-cumulative, large Dispel has some interesting defensive uses ... since a character with a Held Action can use it to try to cancel an inbound attack aimed at him/her without making an attack roll. (Good for defense against opponents who have temporal NNDs, Killing Attacks, and/or the like.)

Justification for electrokinetics is up to you, but you've been given a VERY good one, above, by Ninja Bear, as interactions involving the weak nuclear force do not follow the same symmetry as the other elementary forces.  Google 'CP Symmetry' (and, perhaps, 'CP Violation') if you want more detail on why this is relevant to quantum mechanics, dimensions, and/or time.

Justification for electrokinetics is up to you, but you've been given a VERY good one, above, by Ninja Bear, as interactions involving the weak nuclear force do not follow the same symmetry as the other elementary forces.  Google 'CP Symmetry' (and, perhaps, 'CP Violation') if you want more detail on why this is relevant to quantum mechanics, dimensions, and/or time.

Though i am loathe to bring too many real-life mechanics into a superhero game that ignores many basic mechanical ideas because things would be less cool if you did....

:-)

Doc

Though i am loathe to bring too many real-life mechanics into a superhero game that ignores many basic mechanical ideas because things would be less cool if you did....

:-)

Doc

Fine, The electrons at the proper charge can excite temporal particles known as Croons particles which causes temporal distortion. By the same token, they can also "lock" the particles preventing time disruption. Happy?

Ninja-Bear's explanation was certainly close enough for government work.  Weak nuclear forces and quantum mechanics being poorly understood (compared to, say, classical physics) means you can justify all sorts of weird stuff with them ... for now. :P

Hmm, this is another of those chicken and egg questions. How are temporal alterations enacted in your campaign? If that is consistent you buy the relevant defence.

If, like many campaigns, there is not a tight relationship to that kind of SFX with particular mechanics then you are looking at a number of things. You can negotiate with the GM to have a SFX specific defence. Say, purchase damage negation to a certain level with the understanding it has a limitation (only versus temporal alteration powers) worth exactly the same as its advantage (applies to all temporal alteration powers) and so you pay for it straight.

What that does is provide a broad defence on things that affect you. There is a grey area on things that affect someone else. If your opponent bought auto fire to reflect his time manipulation, would it affect that? A long conversation with the GM is in store.

I'm not sure how my GM is handling it. It was more to find a way to keep a troubling effort by another player to correct mistakes by using time travel in his VVP because things didn't go as planned.

Fine, The electrons at the proper charge can excite temporal particles known as Croons particles which causes temporal distortion. By the same token, they can also "lock" the particles preventing time disruption. Happy?

Deliriously! Mostly because there is no player that can bring knowledge to bear here unless it is in game knowledge skills - the truth of which are firmly in my control....

Now, here was my thoughts on the subject. PC #1 whom will have the power does not know when PC#2 will attempt the temporal incursion.

It was my hope that whenever PC #2 tries to enter the region protected by PC #1 by means of time travel, it will stop PC #2 from even making the attempt.

Entangle 2d6, 3 PD/2 ED, Transdimensional (Single Dimension; binds the target to this time line; +1/2), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (x2; +1/2), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks, STR only to break out (+1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (90 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (only impeads time travel; -1 1/2)

Further thoughts, can you buy a Barrier with Transdimensional? Can you place the barrier and place it an instant before and after the 'current' time as part of its shape?

You can put Transdimensional on Barrier but I don't think it will do what you want it to do. For one thing it might let you put a barrier in the future or in the past but not both as a single action. Of course, since barriers are inherently enduring, if you create one in the past one segment ago it will probably still exist in the present and continue to exist in the future.

Transdimensional can change WHEN the Barrier is created, but doesn't change WHAT a Barrier is or what it does. It's just a wall. It blocks Running or Flying, but not Extradimensional Movement or Teleportation.

Now, there ARE Advantages called Cannot Be Escaped with Teleportation and Counteracts Indirect. Any Power that is Transdimensional also has to be Indirect, by my reading of the rules, so possibly a Barrier Power that Counteracts Indirect would be enough to create an area that Transdimensional Powers have to "break into" to effect (and if the Power doesn't do damage it may be unable to breach the barrier.) If that's not enough, well since there's an Advantage to block Teleportation it can be argued there should be one for Extradimensional Movement too, or maybe even that blocking Teleport should block Extradim Move.

Lucius Alexander

Hey, who put a wall in front of my palindromedary....AND in back of it?

Yes it does. Unfortunately, it involves a power acting against Timemaster, a power which he normally has full control of.

It would be like Cheshire Cat who teleports but is hurt by being teleported. So if he automatically is flung back to ihis own time outta armor I would say that it would be a form of phy limitation. Infrequent, total.