• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grog

Grog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

What is the latest version of hero designer?  

I have a very old version (HDv3 Build 2007020606) but I don't know when the software has last been updated.  The Application Update link on my old Hero Designer software just goes to a dead webpage.

The store page doesn't offer much. Is there any significant difference between the currently offered version and the old one I have? Is printing still a pain? 

Thanks for your help!

#2 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

The latest update was released May 4 - there are numerous enhancements to general software functionality, rules support, and printing options over the version you have.
  • MagePro likes this

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#3 MagePro

MagePro

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

What are the fixes?

:hail: I come but to serve.

#4 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

A few relatively minor tweaks and adjustments. If you have purchased a copy, update -- if the tweaks affect you (in the very rare and rather contrived constructs that they apply to), you'll see them.
  • MagePro likes this

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#5 MagePro

MagePro

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Is there a change log file?  

If nothing else, let me say that the recompile seems to have sped up loading and some functions such as the battle charting with multiple characters.  It does seem to be on and off again with mapped drives, but that could be something on my end.  Did you do anything to take advantage of any of the newer features for JAVA to speed things up?

:hail: I come but to serve.

#6 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

No to all. Any changes which affect the application in general will be annouced -- no such changes have been made in recent builds.
  • MagePro likes this