Kazei 5 Campaign

grandmastergm

Hello everyone,

I borrowed a friend's copy of Michael Surbrook's awesome Anime-Cyberpunk campaign setting Kazei 5.  I'm thinking of running a campaign in that setting, but I do need ideas for adventurers and characters.

Has anyone else run or played in campaigns in the setting?

Please let me know,

Grandmaster GM

Best adventures drawn from Cyberpunk anime resources.

I second this suggestion.

Here are some options for Cyberpunk source material:

Bubblegum Crisis (either version)

Ghost In the Shell (any version)

Ergo Proxy

Psycho-Pass

Serial Experiments Lain

Texhnolyze

Dirty Pair

Armitage

You can also steal bits from almost any of the "Giant Robot" and "Trapped In a Game" series. Such as:

Neon Genesis

Full Metal Panic

Aldnoah.Zero

Gargantia On the Verdous Planet

Blassreiter

Sword Art Online

Accel World

Log Horizon

I plan on running "Death of a Fixer."  The PCs are freelancers hired by a mysterious party to provide security for a gathering at a bar.  They discover that the gathering is a group of fixers who are haggling over the data and possessions of a recently deceased fixer- which happens to include a lot of valuable and compromising information.

Predictably, they have to contend with some party crashers sent by some parties that want the information seized or destroyed, as well as the fact some fixers are willing to use any means necessary to get what they want.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Puppet virus? Infects cyberbrains turning ordinary people into flesh puppets. Forced to commit crimes, prostitution, or corporate espionage.

Best adventures drawn from Cyberpunk anime resources.

Or creative player chatacter background history.

QM

I once played a character in a similar setting who had NO implants. His dad had been a top cyberneticist and he knew just how easy it would be to put "extras" into devices.

Rumors leak that a major cybernetics provider has been putting back-doors and worse into devices. Using unsuspecting people as spies, for instance. The don't have to control people (usually), just monitor appropriate people and their activities. Shades of NSA wiretapping...

• 3 weeks later...

As for what the rest of the family Tendo/Saotome are doing...

It is a given that Ranma and Akane are running the Tendo dojo by then. Heroes will probably not hear about it at all from Nabiki. She might sell some books about kata and such if found out, but that is about it.

Ranma himself does not hate cybernetics. He does think it is cheating, thoe and will not teach cyborgs.

Kasumi? Probably enjoying life as a doctor's wife.

Soun and Genma? It is safe to think them beyond the veil.

Happosai? Um...haven't been herd from in years.