• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Psillias

Psillias

Skilled Normal

• 52 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

NOTE:  I'm running Hero Designer 6, Build 20170504

So when I attempt to load certain prefabs from either the Champions Powers (CP HD) files or the Equipment Guide (HSEG HD) files, I run into an issue where I cannot see the actual .hdc files in a given sub directory. 

This has occurred in the following sub directories for the Powers files:

- Size Alteration

- Sleep and Dream

- Solar and Celestial

- Spirit Projection

- Stretching

- Telekinetic

- Time

- Vibration

- Water

- Weather

This has occurred in the following sub directories for the Equipment Guide files:

- Powered Armor

This issue did not seem to occur with the last build and I deleted the directories and reinstalled the files from the Client Area of this page with the same results.

<Insert Witty Comment Here>

"...or you can find the secret tunnel that leads to the Vaul of Dickish DM which is filled with 10,000,000 copper coins and a 5,000 pound solid gold statue of a middle finger that is too big to fit through the door."

#2 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

The only "filter" that HD uses in determining what files to display is the file extension. Prefabs will be looking for .hdp. Characters will look for .hdc. And so on.

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#3 Psillias

Psillias

Skilled Normal

• 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

So renaming the files should resolve the issue then?

"...or you can find the secret tunnel that leads to the Vaul of Dickish DM which is filled with 10,000,000 copper coins and a 5,000 pound solid gold statue of a middle finger that is too big to fit through the door."

#4 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,476 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

If the file is named something like [filename].hdp.txt, then yes -- remove the .txt and it will show up and act like a prefab.

If the file is named [filename].hdc, then no -- it's a character file and should be used as such.

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#5 Psillias

Psillias

Skilled Normal

• 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

So then I'm confused...

Why would a list of powers (e.g.; Size Alteration) from the Champions Powers book be listed as .hdc files instead of the correct .hdp???

Note:  I realize this is probably not your issue...I'm just venting.

#6 IndianaJoe3

IndianaJoe3

Mad Hero System Genius

• 2,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

Why would a list of powers (e.g.; Size Alteration) from the Champions Powers book be listed as .hdc files instead of the correct .hdp???

They were entered into HD by different people. (I was another one.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prefabs