10 replies to this topic

#1 Greywind

Greywind

Triple Millennial Master

• 10,066 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

Tom Hardy to Star in ‘Venom,’ Ruben Fleischer to Direct

With your shield or on it.

"The laws of celestial mechanics dictate that when two objects collide, there is always damage of a collateral nature." ~ Prof. Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

"It's like switching from an action thriller RIGHT when it all goes to hell and you don't know if they live and someone walks in and changes the channel to Gilmore Girls." ~ my Muse about my writing. :)

Greywind's Characters

Snippets

Business Unfinished

Reaffirmation Day

#2 Enforcer84

Enforcer84

Imperial Viceroy

• 64,116 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

Chad to not see film. 

Wow. that's kind of a let down. I was hoping Chad would go see a movie. 

...I don't think this post is newsworthy. 

"Here's my favorite little fact. If anyone is ever described to you as a nutritionist, just be slightly wary, right? What they're saying may be perfectly true, but "nutritionist" isn't a protected term. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. "Dietician" is the legally protected term. "Dietician" is like "dentist", and "nutritionist" is like "tooth-i-ologist." - Dara O'Briain

2014: Hero A Day, 10 Year Anniversary Thread.
2009: Else Earth Gods of Olympus
Project 2006:
DC/Marvel Write up compilation
Project 2004:
Hero A Day Thread

#3 aylwin13

aylwin13

Paladin Mk.II

• 13,553 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

John will not be seeing this film either. What a waste of time and money. I have never liked Venom, in any incarnation. He's right up there with Deadpool and Lobo,

• Bazza likes this

Cloth shopping bags: the environmentally-friendly way to get your bottled water to your Hummer. - Comedian Heywood Banks

And speaking of Hummers: If you need a war vehicle to drive around town, maybe you need to work on your people skills. - Comedienne Karen Rontowski

#4 Hermit

Hermit

Resplendent Recluse

• 40,437 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Venom... 

Yeah.

No.

Nah.

Blah.

Boo.

“I've looked at the world for quite a few years now and I've found that if I don't laugh, I'll probably end up crying."
- Prince Kheldar of Drasnia aka Silk

Meet the People of Campaign City

The Adventures of "Fish Guy"

#5 Greywind

Greywind

Triple Millennial Master

• 10,066 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

John will not be seeing this film either. What a waste of time and money. I have never liked Venom, in any incarnation. He's right up there with Deadpool and Lobo,

DOWN there. Bottom of the list.

• aylwin13 likes this

"The laws of celestial mechanics dictate that when two objects collide, there is always damage of a collateral nature." ~ Prof. Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

"It's like switching from an action thriller RIGHT when it all goes to hell and you don't know if they live and someone walks in and changes the channel to Gilmore Girls." ~ my Muse about my writing. :)

Greywind's Characters

Snippets

Business Unfinished

Reaffirmation Day

#6 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

Decuple Millennial Master

• 12,190 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

At least Deadpool and Lobo were meant to be parodies of the worse excesses of Iron Age comics. Venom is one.

• aylwin13 likes this

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This Week in MMOs

#7 Enforcer84

Enforcer84

Imperial Viceroy

• 64,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:23 AM

Deadpool doesn't bother me. 

And I have NO idea why. 

"Here's my favorite little fact. If anyone is ever described to you as a nutritionist, just be slightly wary, right? What they're saying may be perfectly true, but "nutritionist" isn't a protected term. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. "Dietician" is the legally protected term. "Dietician" is like "dentist", and "nutritionist" is like "tooth-i-ologist." - Dara O'Briain

2014: Hero A Day, 10 Year Anniversary Thread.
2009: Else Earth Gods of Olympus
Project 2006:
DC/Marvel Write up compilation
Project 2004:
Hero A Day Thread

#8 Greywind

Greywind

Triple Millennial Master

• 10,066 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

At least Deadpool and Lobo were meant to be parodies of the worse excesses of Iron Age comics. Venom is one.

Deadpool exists because Liefeld wanted to draw Deathstroke and Marvel told him No. He became a parody later.

Greywind's Characters

Snippets

Business Unfinished

Reaffirmation Day

#9 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 41,211 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:01 AM

...but I like Lobo. 

...and that's when the destruction began.

#10 Matt the Bruins

Matt the Bruins

Cosmically Powerful Superhero

• 1,124 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:28 AM

The idea of a Venom movie that doesn't involve Spider-Man is ridiculous.

#11 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

Decuple Millennial Master

• 12,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

Deadpool exists because Liefeld wanted to draw Deathstroke and Marvel told him No. He became a parody later.

He's still more tolerable than Venom. :P

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This Week in MMOs