Help with Generic Heros

JmOz

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reworked Brawler...Changed his name to beast (Seamed appropriate...but might change it back because of Hank McCoy).  Removed the MP, lowered the strength and End (Both are now 25) an added a couple dice to the HA.  Now it is an 8d6 HA AP 0 End (with Strength this is a 12d6 HA AP-2 END)

I know the End seems very low...But he has a REC of 25....so He "refills" each turn...

As a general rule? Yes.

My wife always saves 10-15 points (on a 400 point character) for 'session-2' purchases: things she didn't realize she needed until the character saw play.

For pregenerated, plug-and-play characters for newbies? No.

The goal should be to avoid having new players interact with the character generation system (the area they are most likely to fall off the learning curve) until after they've had a chance to learn/realize that the rules for combat are actually fairly simple and elegant.

If you want to have a compromise between the two, set aside 15 points in each build; and make a short list of 'options and variants' for each.

Basically things like skill-sets (like Stealth, Concealment, and Shadowing plus two 3-point SLs with them), or an unusual defense suite (like 10 Mental Defense & +5 EGO). But this brings you closer to the Superhero Galleries, and begs the question of why you aren't just using that instead; since between the two of them they provide 30 400-point archetypes from which you can build a character in less than an hour (including the time needed to fill out the sheet by hand).

I have got 5 of the 7 ready to go (the two X-men based to go)

Will go live tomorrow on them

Last question: The web site talks a lot about my campaign world, including a house rule that would save them all a few points (Between 5-15 depending), do you think I should include a side bar on them to make them Centurion Earth compatible?

I have got 5 of the 7 ready to go (the two X-men based to go)

Will go live tomorrow on them

Last question: The web site talks a lot about my campaign world, including a house rule that would save them all a few points (Between 5-15 depending), do you think I should include a side bar on them to make them Centurion Earth compatible?

Depends on if you want to talk about them or not. But, is this is truly a beginner's thing, then I say no, unless you want to include it in the gamemaster section.

Not including any of the details on them (ie no background or power descriptions), as generics I feel the person who plays them should add details like that.  Having said that even their names are not really names as nomenclatures to reference them by

On Blur: yes it is  called "Move by"...75m/10=7.5+1.5=9d6...however...I kind of made a mistake when I originally calculated it and will need to rework her tomorrow (I divided by 6 instead of 10...OOPS) .  Beast should be a 12d6 AP (When you prorate strength :)) will add a note on her about it...

Jmoz I might have missed the move by-you know it's hard to see a blur!

Also do you have perhaps a campaign guideline listed or maybe at least a street thug/agent? Either or both help the reader to benchmark how super the super is against mankind. Wow a soldier only get SPD 3 and I have SPD 5-2 more phases.

I was using the guidelines from 6th edition tweaked a bit...Sorry, that came off as mean instead of mildly sarcastic...been a hard day, no offence ment but sincere appology for my attitude. 

General guidelines are (With outliners)

Heroes should be between 3-6 speed

Damaged should be in the 10-15 range

OCV/DCV:8-12

Defense 20-30 (Don't care about rDef)

I was using the guidelines from 6th edition tweaked a bit...Sorry, that came off as mean instead of mildly sarcastic...been a hard day, no offence ment but sincere appology for my attitude. 

General guidelines are (With outliners)

Heroes should be between 3-6 speed

Damaged should be in the 10-15 range

OCV/DCV:8-12

Defense 20-30 (Don't care about rDef)

Didn't notice at all, no problems. P.s. I usually look at these things on my phone so I really could've over looked them. And this is a personal thing but when I read characters whether current edition or not, I like when the authors tell you why something is built the way it is. I have even seen an illegal build justified this way. (It was a VPP for skills to represent a computer).It helps me learn the system better.

Passing Strike is in CC, and is in every way superior to using a Move-By. Passing Strike, Defensive Strike, and Martial Dodge would make a decent Speedster Martial Arts package.

Really close to the MA package I am thinking (Passing Strike, Flying Dodge, and Passing Disarm).  If I go strait CC I would use Martial Disarm over Defensive Strike personally....Just seems so Speedster....