Nonresistant Defenses for Automatons

A thought/question about Automaton defenses. A Character with Takes No Stun has the cost of its defenses tripled, but those defenses are not automatically made Resistant by default; you have to buy Resistant for them separately. That’s fine; I understand the cost basis behind that.

But I’m wondering what if anything is the purpose of Automatons having nonresistant defenses? I’m looking at some old Automaton builds of mine, and I realize I’ve usually bought up their nonresistant defenses out of habit, and then made a certain percentage of that resistant. Is there any benefit to a Takes No Stun zombie or robot having, say, 5 PD / 2 rPD vs having 2 PD / 2 rPD? I canna think of one.

The main benefit is that Normal Damage is just so much more common, having some extra Nonresistant PD is less expensive way to protect the Automaton from Falling, Crushing, and Collision damage. Cinematically most robots have lots of Nonresistant PD in that they can survive long falls, great weights, high-velocity collisions, plus punches and blunt weapons; but not so much Resistant PD in that the guy with the sword or claws or gun can take it down with just a few hits.

Also (at least in CC/FHC) Automatons don't get Takes No STUN for free, so any Automaton that can take STUN benefits from having enough PD to keep them from taking too much of it.