Sensor Blocking Clothes

g3taso

I'm trying to model something like our RFID-proof wallets, military uniforms that don't show infra-red (body head) and so forth. So far the best I have been able to come up with is

SensorBlock Clothes:  Invisibility to Hearing Group and Detect , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (19 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

In this particular example, this set of clothes lets you move silently and blocks a host of Detect effects.  The goal here is if possible to be visible under normal sight but being invisible for everything else (blocks infrared, lets you move silently, doesn't show up o sensors when the hood of the robe is up, etc). Am I modeling this correctly? Is there a more efficient means to show this rather than adding in Infrared, etc?  I'm happy if you expand the effect in the interest of clarity.

Invisibility to Sight, Radio and Hearing Groups , Custom Adder (Doesn't work on normal sight -5), No Fringe, Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (61 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

I used a custom adder to put the normal sight exclusion in instead of limited power because the sight group is worth 10 and normal sight is worth 5 alone - so the entire group excluding it should also be worth 5.  

The most obvious problem is 'Detect'... detect what?  I know the builder doesn't take it into account due to its limitations but I believe you'd have to specify what Detect you're invisible to (3 points shouldn't counter every possible detect out there, always and forever).

That said most detects are tied to the one of the groups you're already invisible to (especially if you throw in radio), so it's probably a non-factor.

It's really expensive. 

Consider:

Super stealth suit:  (Total: 34 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) Invisibility to Radio Group and Infrared Perception , Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (26 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 17) <b>plus</b> +4 with Stealth (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5)

That makes you immune to some of the auto-see through stealth whammies and makes you very sneaky to anything not them.

Something like DasBroot's ​Super Stealth Suit​ above is the most legal equivalent to what you are looking for. If you wanted to you could add Invisibility to Hearing Group or Normal Hearing. For example:

Super Stealth Suit II​: Invisibility to Radio Group, Hearing Group, and Infrared Perception, Persistent (+1/4), Zero END (+1/2) (35 APs); OIF (-1/2). Total Cost: 23 points.

​Note: Radio is not inherently a Targeting Sense Group, so as a base effect it is worth 10 APs; likewise Hearing is worth +5 APs as a Sense Group (even though both of these groups senses have Targeting Senses associated with them), and Infrared Perception is worth +5 as a single Targeting Sense.

Invisibility is probably the best way to go IMHO.  But other ways to do this (these aren't the best ways mind you) include

• Change Environment no range, self only, personal immunity to create a heavy penalty to perception
  • Darkness to the specific detect with the same limitations as Change Environment
  • Images to create millions of false data images (your RFID tag is radio based)
  • Shrinking with invisible power effects and knockback resistance.  Has the extra effect of blocking weight sensors.

I'm 5e, which is a nice bridge between today and old school. I'm hoping this might be fruitful, like me (in this case) providing the bike as a "chassis" and people throwing upgrades on it. I'd love to see this like Steve Long's descriptions in the books of a "basic" communicator, then a variety of upgrades. 

Shielded Attire:  Invisibility to Radio Group and Sight Group (Except Normal Sight) , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (30 Active Points)

DasBroot and Cantriped got something good on here. Add in a few other items to deal with sound and whatnot and you have some interesting forms of limited invisibility.