World Creation SuperDraft

Okay, now the work begins. If the denizens of our little world are going to survive and prosper, they're going to need some essentials. Like something to eat.

2nd pick -- Secondary Domain of Influence: Agriculture

Okay, I have a new idea, and it too is dualistic.

Primary Domain: Hearth and Hospitality

Secondary Domain: Travel and Journeys

I am of two minds about all things, pushing and pulling against each other. My idols likely have two faces.

Freedom vs Service

Taking care of yourself vs Taking care of others

Risk vs Safety

Can we assume the existence of Unchosen Deities? i.e. if no one comes along and picks Goddess of Summer, can we assume the world still HAS Summer and a Goddess thereof, to complement Winter?

Lucius Alexander

God of Palindromedaries

The existence of a major winter god but no major summer god implies that our peoples define summer as "the absence of winter" and the things that happen outside of winter are presided over by gods with aspects like sky, fertility, agriculture, and even water.  (I can only bring rain when the temperature is above freezing)  Worship given to Winter might come from people who live in more polar climes and rely on the god to help them survive and lead them toward the equator at regular interval...or it might be propitiatory worship to get Winter to go home after its visit.  

Secondary Domain: Wealth

Name: Dorrauch of the Silver Frost

And the silvery cold descended upon the lands of the world, filling the skies, covering the earth, quelling the fires.

Strode Dorrauch, clad in his silver armor and white furs, hair the color of stormclouds and eyes white like snow. Winter had arrived. His laughter caused gale winds, his foaming rage brought hail and sleet. All the world would know the cold. 

Dorrauch viewed the world they had made with discontent. He wanted more. There was a beauty in winter, but others conspired against him. They marshaled their powers to limit his icy paradise. Dorrauch wanted lasting beauty, lasting reminders of his glory.

Shrugging the greathammer Hvelvbryter from his shoulder, he slammed it into the earth causing spidery cracks to spread far and wide, to the seas and mountains. A second blow shot silver, platinum, and gems of all sorts through these veins. Then he hurled Hvelvbryter into the seas leaving pearls and coral in it's wake as it sank to the bottom before he called it home.

"My treasures lay deep and all will seek them, giving praise to me when they are found."

"I like that."

Pick #2:

Gift to Civilization: Fire

Mortals, as the deity of Wisdom, my gift to you is the lesson of Fire. Fire illuminates, heats, and purifies. Fire burns, destroys, and pollutes.  Few things enlighten minds and lives the way fire will.  It is the ultimate foundation and symbol of civilization.  Master it, or be mastered by it. 

Ah, there it is.  I was waiting to take that one as a secondary domain tomorrow with Death. I had a concept for a dualistic deity.

Hmmm, instead . . . is Maturity/Adulthood too close to Wisdom?  Concept would be someone you pray to when you're hoping to be accepted as an adult in the world, or when you want your leaders to grow the f**k up. Just asking for now. So many choices available

You could be a psychopomp at both ends, conducting souls both to the body at birth and away at the end.  

I'm taking the secondary domain of seasons under my wing as the god of time.

CES

Just to set forth the structure here and as an example of other overlaps that will inevitably occur, since Winter was taken as a Primary Domain, He will retain absolute dominance of that season. Whether you work together to define the rest of the year is up to you two.

The existence of a major winter god but no major summer god implies that our peoples define summer as "the absence of winter" and the things that happen outside of winter are presided over by gods with aspects like sky, fertility, agriculture, and even water.  (I can only bring rain when the temperature is above freezing)  Worship given to Winter might come from people who live in more polar climes and rely on the god to help them survive and lead them toward the equator at regular interval...or it might be propitiatory worship to get Winter to go home after its visit.

It could be interpreted many fun ways. I was thinking that maybe an extremely long, dominant winter with shorter other seasons, but now that we have a god of Seasons as well as Winter specifically, they get to work that out for our world. But you're right we don't know just yet.

We are taking the weekend off, correct?

We'll post through the weekend since we started on a Thursday. I don't think we need a break just yet.

World_News_Update_revised-logo.jpg

Day 2

As the population of Helioloympusgard grows, the yet-to-be-named world begins to truly take shape.

The sole intelligent species in this world after Day 2 is a race of Dwarves. We generally think we know dwarves, but what do we really know about them? When asked, the God of the Dwarves said simply, "With beards." As the God of Craftsmanship, I think we have an idea of at least some things to expect from their culture.

And we know quite a bit more about their culture right now. The level of technology has leapt forward by thousands of years, They know agriculture, magic, and with the existence of energy crystals that fall somewhere between sorcery and science, the tools of this world will be very interesting. Speaking of which, the God of Wisdom asserts his presence with dominion over Fire, the ultimate tool. Magic is the X-factor in this world, as always. What sort of sorcery seeks subsistence in our special system of substantiation? Will it hinder or help technology? We know that it seems to specialize in transformation, which I can see the Trickster having an especially keen eye for.

We don't know exactly what the land looks like yet, but the dwarves do! They are established travelers, guided by the hand of new god Sociotard. Expect the world to learn all that implies, such as trade, competition, and yes, Wealth and War.

These dwarves know agriculture. And what agriculture! The God of Peace emerges and brings with him Opium Poppies! Known to natives as "The Stoned One," Psybolt's gift may wreak chaos on this war torn world... or will it? The God of War has claimed to be the Lord of Diplomacy. Poppies come from the God of peace, but we have seen that where opium goes, War follows. And medicine, which is the latest from... the Trickster? Is that right? Is is this a joke? Stay tuned, more details as they develop.

How will these gods get along? We see a lot of overlap within domains now. Agriculture, a product of the Earth God, relies heavily upon the gifts of Fertility and Seasons. The "peace poppies" will have a major impact upon this world as the major crop. The Lord of Winter will surely have something to say about this cash crop as he also sees over Wealth now. So many implications for all of this. Stay tuned. 

Newcomer Assault is our first Goddess, and while poppies may be fun, she truly makes life worth living. All forms of nookie fall under her glorious hand. The native dwarves have built many shrines to the goddess which can only be described as, "Awesome." And to her more intimidating companion (sister?). The world knows life through Assault, but it also knows death through Lucius. The Goddess of Death also sees over Rebirth, but what does that mean, though? It has extremely profound implications for the living. What does this say about the afterlife, if an afterlife even exists? Who gets reborn; everyone  or only a select few? I'm sure the gods of Fertility, Healing, and War would very much like to know what this God of Death and Rebirth means for them.

The World is ever evolving. Be here for the Day 3 report tomorrow evening.

Brought to you by Libraries.

Don't Google it, Go see your library today!