barriers and feedback

dsatow

Question

Sorry, I might have asked this question a long time ago but I can't seem to find the errata/FAQ/questions answered on the website to search.

If a barrier has body and feedback, does the character take damage if the damage doesn't pierce the body of the barrier?

If a 12/12 Barrier with 12 Body takes 12 Body and 36 Stun, the barrier character would take 24 Stun.

If the same barrier took 15 Body and 45 Stun, the Body of the barrier would take 3 Body.  How much body and stun would the barrier character take?

1 answer to this question

If you asked this question before, I have no record of it that I can find. So I'm answering fresh; if I contradict something I said previously I have no doubt someone will point it out. ;) And as usual these days, I don’t currently have access to all of my books and materials, which have been packed up as part of my home renovation project, so I reserve the right to edit or change this answer at a future time. ;)

A character who has a Barrier with Feedback still takes damage as described on 6E1 173 even if the BODY of the attack doesn’t penetrate the Barrier. In your example, the character applies the Barrier’s defenses as if they were Resistant Protection (also as described on 6E1 173), so he’d take 3 BODY, 33 STUN damage.