Sign in to follow this  
Soleil Noir

Looking To Form/Join Weekday Group in Portland/Vancouver Area

Last time around I had pretty good luck here -- managed to assemble a great group of players with real lightning-in-a-bottle chemistry; unfortunately, family issues forced me to hand over the reins of the campaign and leave the group, and now I'm involved in another campaign that runs concurrently with my old Champions group.  But my circumstances have improved enough that I feel like I could take on GMing duty again, so let me shine the ol' Hero-Signal in the sky once again and see if there's any interest in a weekday gaming group in the Portland/Vancouver area...

I'm a long-time (30+ years) Champions player; I'm looking either to join an existing group, or form a new one if I can get 3-5 reliable players to commit to playing on a biweekly basis.  I'm self-employed, so I can make myself available for pretty much any day/time that your existing group meets; or to work around the schedules of interested players, if folks are interested in playing in a campaign run by yours truly.  My one caveat, either for players looking to form a group or an existing group looking to recruit new players, is that I'm not available on weekends -- I'm divorced, and weekend-time is reserved for my son.

If you've got a slot available in your group, or if you're interested in forming a new Champions campaign, please contact me either through this site or e-mailing me directly at jasonsoleil@gmail.com

<sigh> Is there NOBODY left in the Portland area who's interested in playing Champions, or who is involved in a campaign that needs another player? 

Well, I'm not about to give up hope just yet -- I should have more time free once my son moves back to Salem for the school year, so I figured I'd give this thread a bump and see if there are any takers...

I take it you are looking for a face-to-face/Skype group....not PBEmail?   (I live quite a ways away from your area...)

Face-to-face would definitely be my first choice -- was recently involved in a PbP game on rpol.net, but the wheels fell off in pretty short order...

was recently involved in a PbP game on rpol.net, but the wheels fell off in pretty short order...

I played in a PbP game for D&D, in 24 hours in game, we took over a hear in real time. While we went up 5 levels, it was just too much overhead... the custom rules and what was going on and helping out and making prestige classes and... ugg...

i think the game is still ongoing...

I'd love to also join, however me being in the NE portion of Oregon, that's like 6 hours away...

Although if someone wouldn't mind offering a couch for a week or two for me, i certainly would consider being there for a decent period of time...

Just an update, to those who might be interested: it looks like I've got 3 confirmed players, and currently we're eyeing at scheduling the game for alternate Sunday afternoons; If anyone else is interested and lives in the greater Portland area, I'd be willing to take on another 1-3 players to round out the group and make allowances for attrition/occasional absences...