Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

invisbile to infrared Peception (any group)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheNaga

TheNaga

Very High Powered Superhero

• 702 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

How would I in HD do it where the character has the power to be only invisible to infrared Perception (any group)?

You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message. -Tony Stark - The Avengers.

Thor: He is not of Earth! Even worse for you, there is magic involved. Iron Man: Call it what you want. To me it's just science I haven't figured out yet.

"You cannot pass," he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

"In the end there can be only one and may it be me"

""Now THIS is progress!  A third eye to probe the subtle nuances of reality."

#2 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

Invisibility to Sight Group with the Limitation "Limited Power" -- value set with the GM's guidance for how limiting that will be in the campaign.

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#3 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,821 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

How would I in HD do it where the character has the power to be only invisible to infrared Perception (any group)?

Invisibility to Sight Group with the Limitation "Limited Power" -- value set with the GM's guidance for how limiting that will be in the campaign.

If valued at (-1) it would look like this:

10 Invisibility to Sight Group  (20 Active Points); Limited Power Infrared Perception Only (-1) - END=2

HM

#4 dmjalund

dmjalund

Skilled Abnormal

• 4,105 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

But the he would be visible to Infrared Hearing :D

• TheNaga likes this
With a game system like this, we could - dare I say it? - RULE THE WORLD!
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
:eg:
Me on Google+

#5 TheNaga

TheNaga

Very High Powered Superhero

• 702 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

But the he would be visible to Infrared Hearing :D

LOL!!

You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message. -Tony Stark - The Avengers.

Thor: He is not of Earth! Even worse for you, there is magic involved. Iron Man: Call it what you want. To me it's just science I haven't figured out yet.

"You cannot pass," he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

"In the end there can be only one and may it be me"

""Now THIS is progress!  A third eye to probe the subtle nuances of reality."

#6 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,821 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Version 2

15 Invisibility to Sight, Hearing, Mental, Radio, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups  (45 Active Points); Limited Power Only versus Infrared Perception (-2) - END=4

HM

#7 Lucius

Lucius

Too Many To List Now!

• 15,246 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

No Heat Signature: (Total: 18 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Change Environment (+3 Temperature Level Adjustment, -3 Temperature Level Adjustment) (18 Active Points); Limited Power Only to be the exact temperature of surroundings (-1), No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Half END Cost; -1/4), Nonpersistent (-1/4) (Real Cost: 5)

Lucius Alexander

And an ectothermic palindromedary
  • Hyper-Man likes this

#8 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,734 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

FWIW I once asked Steve Long (when Fifth Edition rules were still in place) a question which this subject would fall within. From the 5E FAQ:

Question: Could a character buy a Sense-Affecting Power defined as affecting “all versions of a specific sense, regardless of what Sense Group it belongs to”?

Answer: With the GM’s permission, yes, but he must pay the Targeting Sense cost for the power.

• Hyper-Man likes this

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou