bluesguy

Combat Record Export for Forcefield (Resistant Protection) fields

I am pretty good exporting data with the combat record export.  Here is an example of some armor (from an HDC file).  The information I want to get is the PDLEVELS, EDLEVELS, MDLEVELS, and POWDLEVELS.  I have looked in the ExportTags.pdf and HDDocs.pdf.  Help?

<POWER XMLID="FORCEFIELD" ID="1497980668213" BASECOST="0.0" LEVELS="6" ALIAS="Resistant Protection" POSITION="6" MULTIPLIER="1.0" GRAPHIC="Burst" COLOR="255 255 255" SFX="Default" SHOW_ACTIVE_COST="Yes" PRICE="750.0" WEIGHT="9.7" CARRIED="Yes" INCLUDE_NOTES_IN_PRINTOUT="Yes" NAME="W&B Armored Jacket" QUANTITY="1" AFFECTS_PRIMARY="No" AFFECTS_TOTAL="Yes" PDLEVELS="4" EDLEVELS="2" MDLEVELS="0" POWDLEVELS="0">
      <NOTES />
      <MODIFIER XMLID="FOCUS" ID="1497980668154" BASECOST="-0.5" LEVELS="0" ALIAS="Focus" POSITION="-1" MULTIPLIER="1.0" GRAPHIC="Burst" COLOR="255 255 255" SFX="Default" SHOW_ACTIVE_COST="Yes" OPTION="OIF" OPTIONID="OIF" OPTION_ALIAS="OIF" INCLUDE_NOTES_IN_PRINTOUT="Yes" NAME="" COMMENTS="" PRIVATE="No" FORCEALLOW="No">
        <NOTES />
      </MODIFIER>
      <MODIFIER XMLID="REALARMOR" ID="1497980668156" BASECOST="-0.25" LEVELS="0" ALIAS="Real Armor" POSITION="-1" MULTIPLIER="1.0" GRAPHIC="Burst" COLOR="255 255 255" SFX="Default" SHOW_ACTIVE_COST="Yes" INCLUDE_NOTES_IN_PRINTOUT="Yes" NAME="" COMMENTS="" PRIVATE="No" FORCEALLOW="No">
        <NOTES />
      </MODIFIER>
      <MODIFIER XMLID="MASS" ID="1497980668163" BASECOST="-1.0" LEVELS="0" ALIAS="Mass" POSITION="-1" MULTIPLIER="1.0" GRAPHIC="Burst" COLOR="255 255 255" SFX="Default" SHOW_ACTIVE_COST="Yes" OPTION="NORMAL" OPTIONID="NORMAL" OPTION_ALIAS="Normal Mass" INCLUDE_NOTES_IN_PRINTOUT="Yes" NAME="" COMMENTS="" PRIVATE="No" FORCEALLOW="No">
        <NOTES />
      </MODIFIER>
      <MODIFIER XMLID="REQUIRESASKILLROLL" ID="1497980668199" BASECOST="-0.75" LEVELS="0" ALIAS="Requires A Roll" POSITION="-1" MULTIPLIER="1.0" GRAPHIC="Burst" COLOR="255 255 255" SFX="Default" SHOW_ACTIVE_COST="Yes" OPTION="10" OPTIONID="10" OPTION_ALIAS="11- roll" INCLUDE_NOTES_IN_PRINTOUT="Yes" NAME="" COMMENTS="" PRIVATE="No" FORCEALLOW="No">
        <NOTES />
      </MODIFIER>
    </POWER>

Other than the various defense totals (e.g. POWER_DEFENSE_TOTAL), I don't think you're going to have much luck with export formats.  Might be time to start looking into extending HD's core functionality (having HD load the character and querying it directly).

Other than the various defense totals (e.g. POWER_DEFENSE_TOTAL), I don't think you're going to have much luck with export formats.

Seriously sad faced ...

Might be time to start looking into extending HD's core functionality (having HD load the character and querying it directly).

Something to think about. 

I know I've said this (many times) before, but I suspect you'll be surprised at how much you'll gain from going that route...and how easy it will be. 

Main hurdle to overcome is going to be on identifying the directory containing HD6.jar so that you can dynamically adjust the classpath.  After that, it's likely just going to be getting to know the architecture and (I suspect) a few tweaks on my side to make things work cleanly in a "headless" environment.