Lee

Requires Constant/Persistent Power Not Advantage

Is there any way using the <REQUIRES></REQUIRES> and <EXCLUDES></EXCLUDES> to check to see if a Power is Constant or Persistent? It works great if a power as been assigned the Advantages of Constant and Persistent. I'm looking for a way to check to see if the power is already Constant or Persistent inherently.

For example, if I create a new MODIFIER and include <REQUIRES>CONSTANT</REQUIRES>, it will be available for a power like Blast that has been given the Advantage of Constant. However, it is not available for a power like Invisibility even though it is inherently Constant and the Constant Advantage does not need to be added. I'd like for the new MODIFIER to appear for Invisibility, too.

Thanks,

Lee

Use the DURATION attribute on the Modifier definition.

<MODIFIER XMLID="..." DISPLAY="Example" BASECOST=".25" EXCLUSIVE="Yes" DURATION="CONSTANT" />

That will require that the Power be Constant (or better).  It will not affect the duration of the Power once assigned.

In the same vein, is there a similar way to force a Modifier to require (or exclude) a power type? For instance, a Modifier that can only be applied to Attack powers and not Defensive powers no others or a Modifier that will work with any power type except Adjustment powers?

Lee