Time Limit and Charges

mrinku

Question

This came up on another thread. Continuing Charges are not allowed to be used with Instant powers, so I though of combining Charges with Time Limit (as an advantage) to get the effect of three one-turn uses for a power per day. I built:

2D6 HKA, 1 Turn Time Limit (+3/4), 3 Charges (-1 1/4). 23 points.

The question I would like clarified is END use; does the above build require END, or is that covered by the Charges?

1 answer to this question

I don’t currently have access to all of my books and materials, which have been packed up as part of my home renovation project, so I reserve the right to edit or change this answer at a future time. ;)

As noted in the rulebook, Time Limit is primarily intended for “utility” or defensive abilities; attacks generally should rely on the standard HERO System duration rules. So the more appropriate way to build this ability would be:

HKA 2d6, Constant (+½); 3 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-¾). Total cost:  26 points.

Assuming that the GM were to allow the power construct you came up with, then the fact that it has Charges means it doesn’t cost any END.