College Football 2017-2018

17 hours ago, Badger said:

at least Wisconsin showed up this time against Ohio st.

Yeah, and if Hornibrook could stop throwing so many interceptions...

I'm not surprised Wisconsin couldn't beat Ohio, but I was kinda hoping they'd pull it out in the end.  *sigh*  Maybe next year.

Speaking of which, Wisconsin's not done with BYU.  They get to come to Madison next September.  Hopefully it's not too painful for Pariah. :)

18 hours ago, Pariah said:

And I agree with the argument that with all P5 Conferences now hosting championship games, there's no need for an 8-team playoff.

Unless the Committee chooses Alabama over Ohio State later today.

Yeah.

The other argument for going to 8 is that half the FBS teams currently have no path to winning a national championship.  And since we've now established the National Championship game as the ultimate goal for college football, there really ought to be a realistic path to it for all 130 FBS teams.

Army West Point just won the Commander in Chief's trophy for the first time in more than 20 years. It's nice to see them playing well. They've been in the shadow of Air Force and especially Navy for a long, long time.

Meanwhile, little old Weber State (often known out here as 'Just Weber') just completed their most successful season in school history. They advanced to the FCS quarterfinals, where they lost to number 1 James Madison by a field goal as time expired. They finished the season 11-3, and on the heels of down years by BYU, Utah, and Utah State, had easily the best season of any team in the state this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Clemson beats Alabama so badly that the committee is never again tempted to put a team that can't even win their division, never mind their conference, into a four-team college football playoff.

Was nothing learned from Ohio State last year?