Naked advantages and END cost.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdounis

jdounis

Skilled Normal

• 70 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

Hello i am using HERO Designer build 20170504, i have built a naked Resistant ,Constant naked advantage for up to 12AP ( 9 AP) but the HERO Designer displays 0 END cost.

Is there a bug of the program or i am doing something wrong? According to 6E1 pg314 Naked Advantages have a standard END cost rate.

Thank you

#2 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,821 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Can you post the text output and/or attach the hdc file?

HM

#3 jdounis

jdounis

Skilled Normal

• 70 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

Can you post the text output and/or attach the hdc file?

HM

Here is the hdc file, thank you :)

Attached Files

#4 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,821 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

Simon would have to confirm this...

but I believe that the standard Naked Advantage Power is not the best way to add an advantage to abilities that are already constant like a Characteristic.  In the case of Characteristics the reason is there is already a specific method to do this - Characteristics purchased as a Power.  The only possible issue is that when you check the box "Add Modifiers To Base Characteristic" it works both ways.  Any Limitations like Cost End will apply to the base Characteristic as well.

I have added an example of this as well as an alternative Resistant Protection Power with some Limitations added. 

9    Bone Armor: Naked Advantage: Resistant (+1/2) for up to 12 Active Points, Constant (+1/2) (9 Active Points) - END=0

6    Bone Armor (Compound Power): (Total: 6 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) Resistant (+1/2) (3 Active Points) applied to PD (Characteristic purchased as a Power) (Real Cost: 3) plus Resistant (+1/2) (3 Active Points) applied to ED (Characteristic purchased as a Power) (Real Cost: 3) - END=0

12    Bone Armor: Resistant Protection (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); Costs Half Endurance (-1/4), Perceivable (-1/4) - END=1

Attached File  sargothrax v2.hdc   32.28KB   4 downloads

Hope this helps.

HM