Questions about Aid-ing a Multipower

SteveZilla

Hello all, been away for a long time.  Also gotten a little rusty in my Hero-Fu, so I thought I'd ask here.  These questions are specifically for 6E.

1. Can a Multipower with an AID slot boost the whole Multipower (a -0 Limitation on the Aid to prevent it from being also boosted will also be added)?  If so, what advantages do I need?  (The -0 Limitation is my idea to forestall any accusations of a munchkiny build.)

2. If I boost the entire (except for the AID slot) framework, will switching away from a boosted slot *to* another boosted slot still cause the first slot to drop its boost?

Please provide page references so I can brush up!  Thanks in advance.  :)

Unfortunately no.

A framework slot cannot ever affect another framework slot or a framework.

So you simply cannot make an Aid from within a framework and have it boost the framework or any other slots.

If you tell me what version you play. I can give you a page reference.

p 122 for Champions Complete. Definitely illegal for a slot to affect another slot. You'll need an external power for the effect you're after.

I *think* it might be technically legal in CC for a slot power to Aid the Reserve. But that feels really odd and I'd want a bloody good special effect justification to even consider it.

What happens to points from an Aid power that gets switched off might depend a little on the special effect, but generally for normal Aid (not Boost, which is the Constant version) the points are the continuing effect of an Instant Power and remain until they fade normally. p47 of CC discusses some other points relevant to adjustment powers as a Power Framework power. Essentially if you swap the power out and back again it has no effect on the adjustment situation until the points fade/recover normally (a drained slot can't be refreshed by swapping out and back, but neither does a boosted slot lose the bonus by doing so). Also, adjustment powers work on the Active points, not the Real ones. 

Boost stops giving its bonus as soon as it is turned off, which will happen as soon as a multipower one is switched out, same as if it ran out of charges or the END cost stopped being paid. THAT is definite.

Unfortunately no.

A framework slot cannot ever affect another framework slot or a framework.

So you simply cannot make an Aid from within a framework and have it boost the framework or any other slots.

If you tell me what version you play. I can give you a page reference.

I did state 6E.  :)

From 6e1 page 398:

NO COMBINING OF FRAMEWORKS

a character cannot use an Adjustment Power in one of his Power Frameworks to Adjust that Framework, a slot within that Framework, another Power Framework that he has, or a slot in another Framework he has (he may, however, Adjust another character’s Power Framework, or a slot within one; see below)

:)

HM

Thanks HM!  I knew I was forgetting something - to look under the Framework rules.  I thought there was rules against what I was thinking, but I couldn't find it in the section on Adjustment Powers, or on Aid itself.

Now for a follow-up question.  How big of a Limitation on the Aid would it be if, when any boosted slot in the Multipower in question is used, all of the Aid-ed points fade immediately (i.e., the 'boost' is a one-shot increase)?