Photo
- - - - -

Feature request: Controls to configure APPEREND by Power

Feature request

Best Answer Simon , 01 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: no, partly because you have the relationship between Powers and the XML backwards, partly because it would take a generalized rule within HERO System and force it to be a variable in each and every object -- NOT going to happen.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,384 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hi Dan, 

Would it be possible to allow the user to configure APPEREND per Power in the same way they can configure Cost Multiplier?  I'm envisioning a checkbox in the Settings tab to allow it, and a button next to Cost Multiplier to bring up a dialog to set it, along with the same warnings about only setting if your GM allows it and you know what you're doing.  It could even be in the same dialog as Cost Multiplier, and no need to add a separate button.  It would add the attribute to the Power in XML; if not already set it would default to whatever the Active Points per END setting is in Settings.

Thanks!

Chris Goodwin
The Big Thread of Helpful HowtosThe Unofficial HERO System Forum | HERO System Low Heroic Protocols | Old School ChampionsHow to Play HERO System | Robot Warriors to HERO System Current Editions

There are two paths your character can take into the game: the path of the game guidelines document, or the path of the Character Approver 9000. Choose your path wisely.

#2 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:41 AM   Best Answer

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: no, partly because you have the relationship between Powers and the XML backwards, partly because it would take a generalized rule within HERO System and force it to be a variable in each and every object -- NOT going to happen.

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#3 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,384 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Ok, I think I can do what I want by manually editing XML in .hdc files.

Chris Goodwin
The Big Thread of Helpful HowtosThe Unofficial HERO System Forum | HERO System Low Heroic Protocols | Old School ChampionsHow to Play HERO System | Robot Warriors to HERO System Current Editions

There are two paths your character can take into the game: the path of the game guidelines document, or the path of the Character Approver 9000. Choose your path wisely.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feature request