In my new copy of Mighty Protectors I noticed something funny.  They have this trio of cosmic entities who go around and mess with people's lives.  One of the things they do is find certain heroes and villains and people associated with them and "desynch" them from time.  When this happens, these people stop aging...and nobody notices, preserving these people in the prime of life or something close to for later use.  This is an amusing explanation for how certain playboys can be Gotham's most eligible bachelor for 78 years in a row and certain teenagers can stay in high school for over a dozen years.  Pretty much useless for gaming purposes of course.  We aren't comic book companies.  We don't need to explain "flextime".  Our campaigns don't need to maintain the status quo over 40 years.  Or even three.  It is true that Mighty Protectors has characters who were created in the 80s and haven't aged a day but it's not like the V&V universe ever had a timeline before.  But I digress.

So here's the idea.  What if the player characters are teen heroes who have been frozen in adolescence since 1980...and some new guy comes along who happens to be immune to wibbley-wobbly stuff, one who always remembers historical tampering, and he proves to them that they've been in grade 12 for 37 years?

Interesting thought. It'd be a bit like other situations where a person suddenly finds out their life isn't what they thought. Finding out your parents aren't your parents is a big one (adoption, or that your dad isn't your biological one).

I think they'd be shocked, angry, confused and want answers. Some might embrace it, others wanting recompense (probably depending on how good a time they had at high school. I can see Peter Parker being very pissed off... :)