Sign in to follow this  
Tech priest support

You get to have ONE RPG made...

Appleseed is a great comic. Cool story and art.

When it came out all the civilian cars looked so futuristic but at the same time practical and plausible. Now they look like a typical small sports utility vehicle. Which is pretty amazing considering I picked it up in 86!

Appleseed would be pretty easily done using HERO, GURPS, Mekton Zeta, Cyberpunk 2020 or Heavy Gear. The main requirement would be to have suit/vehicle/powers building rules and an interesting tactical combat system.

That got me thinking that a Dominion Tank Police RPG might be fun. Looked it up and turns out someone did it in 1999, but I'd not heard of the company or the system they use. In any case, ditto for the above, although I'd likely prefer HERO for Dominion as the tone is much lighter and people tend to survive the fights, so HERO's tunable lethality would be handy.

That one's a customized version of Big Eyes, Small Mouth. If you like the setting, it's probably worth picking up just as a sourcebook. (Probably on eBay or other second hand market.) They always did a good job on their licensed anime games and sourcebooks, IMO. I have a few for other settings (Tenchi Muyo mainly.) The Tri-Stat system used is a point buy system that's not terrible, but not too detailed. It's basically a very rules-light Hero-inspired system. The default lethality is usually pretty low.

Guardians of Order went under a while ago, and I think most of their IPs were bought by White Wolf, so some of their stuff is still available as PDF. However, the licensed stuff probably isn't.