What would Hero Lite be like?

IndianaJoe3

This is what I was thinking too. Make it a contemporary action movie adventure with cool weapons or gadgets, and you're off and running.

Yep. You could probably get THAT into 16 pages :)

And... I'm currently reading through 5e Dark Champions. I had been totally unaware that it had absorbed the Danger International aspect of HERO. I never payed much attention to DC because I was no great fan of that trend in superhero comics, and could easily use my own take using normal Champs if I wanted to have a Punisher or Comedian turn up. But spies and hero cops? Yes please!

I think an opportunity was missed by not keeping general action as the main genre book, with violent superheroes in it as a major subgenre like espionage. Heck, it was already discussed in Champions itself. Dark Champions probably still deserved its own volume, but I'd have split the quite thick book into Dark Champions and Danger International and probably sold more copy. It's not as if you needed to double up on basic rules in the post 4e genre book environment anyway. But then again, I wasn't there at the time and maybe it did make better marketing sense.