- - - - -

D6 Star Wars to be Republished!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Fantasy Flight Games is coming out with a 30th anniversary edition of the original Star Wars RPG that West End Games produced in 1987:

https://www.fantasyf...mate-the-force/

I love that game, and still have my original books but I think I'll buy one to support the release.

• TheQuestionMan, tkdguy and Hyper-Man like this

GMing since 1982.

#2 tkdguy

tkdguy

Just me

• 23,740 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Cool! I got the 2nd edition of the game, but I never got around to playing it.

Patron saint of sore feet, fury, and breaking things

:uranus: :whip:

Please visit Chris Goodwin's website: Unofficial HERO System Forum

#3 mrinku

mrinku

Cosmically Powerful Superhero

• 724 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Ran a LOT of the original. I think it might even rank third for me after Champions and Traveller (Pendragon might pip it). Played a fair bit as well.

Like tkdguy I also bought the second edition but never got around to playing it.

#4 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,808 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

I have played the second edition last year or so. Fun game though (like any game) has a few odd quirks!
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#5 mrinku

mrinku

• 724 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

I was a little annoyed that 2nd edition dropped the Quixotic Jedi template. THAT was what Bayles Phegan, my main character and one of my all-time greats was.

There was a looser attitude in the first editon, IMHO. Second edition seems to take itself a bit more seriously... though the revised mechanics for Force powers seemed better.

Anyone else feel that under either edition Ben Kenobi's line should have been "This was your father's blaster. Not as clumsy or random as a lightsaber..."?

:)

#6 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,808 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:22 AM

I also picked up D6 Space reasonably. For those who don't know. After WEG lost the Star Wars license, they came up with their own generic Space game. Not sure of the difference but people still rave about The revised and edited edition.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#7 mrinku

mrinku

• 724 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

D6 was always a system with potential.

#8 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,808 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:10 AM

On other boards, some people feel that second edition added to much crunch to it.

#9 Nolgroth

Nolgroth

Medium unnatural humanoid

• 9,609 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

I feel like Fantasy Flight Games already has a line of Star Wars products that maybe they should devote time, money and effort to support. Pulling out a 30 year old rules set and pushing it out smacks of WotC when they re-released the original AD&D again recently.

But hey, if it sells, they will have made a smart move. I tried D6 Space but could not wrap my brain around the system. Won't be contributing to this one.