GM Joe

D6 Star Wars to be Republished!

Fantasy Flight Games is coming out with a 30th anniversary edition of the original Star Wars RPG that West End Games produced in 1987:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/16/dont-underestimate-the-force/

I love that game, and still have my original books but I think I'll buy one to support the release.

Ran a LOT of the original. I think it might even rank third for me after Champions and Traveller (Pendragon might pip it). Played a fair bit as well.

Like tkdguy I also bought the second edition but never got around to playing it.

I was a little annoyed that 2nd edition dropped the Quixotic Jedi template. THAT was what Bayles Phegan, my main character and one of my all-time greats was.

There was a looser attitude in the first editon, IMHO. Second edition seems to take itself a bit more seriously... though the revised mechanics for Force powers seemed better.

Anyone else feel that under either edition Ben Kenobi's line should have been "This was your father's blaster. Not as clumsy or random as a lightsaber..."?

:)

I also picked up D6 Space reasonably. For those who don't know. After WEG lost the Star Wars license, they came up with their own generic Space game. Not sure of the difference but people still rave about The revised and edited edition.

I feel like Fantasy Flight Games already has a line of Star Wars products that maybe they should devote time, money and effort to support. Pulling out a 30 year old rules set and pushing it out smacks of WotC when they re-released the original AD&D again recently.

But hey, if it sells, they will have made a smart move. I tried D6 Space but could not wrap my brain around the system. Won't be contributing to this one.