Eclipse safety, everyone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,385 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

Don't look at the eclipse without your Eclipse Safety Glasses!

Eclipse Safety Glasses:  Flash Defense (Sight Group, 5 points).  OAF (-1); Lockout (Striking Appearance, -1/4); Side Effects (no Sight PER while worn, -1/4).  Real Cost: 2 points.

Remember, everyone.  Make sure it's the entire Sight Group, which covers Infrared and Ultraviolet as well as Normal Sight!  

• Hyper-Man likes this

Chris Goodwin
The Big Thread of Helpful HowtosThe Unofficial HERO System Forum | HERO System Low Heroic Protocols | Old School ChampionsHow to Play HERO System | Robot Warriors to HERO System Current Editions

There are two paths your character can take into the game: the path of the game guidelines document, or the path of the Character Approver 9000. Choose your path wisely.

#2 cptpatriot

cptpatriot

Friend of the Hero System & Kickstarter Supporter

• 642 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

The Sun is bought as Images with a Transform Normal to Blind side effect.

#3 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Wait, there's an eclipse?

GMing since 1982.

#4 dmjalund

dmjalund

Skilled Abnormal

• 4,105 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

check your character sheet, you may have an unexpected Accidental Change

With a game system like this, we could - dare I say it? - RULE THE WORLD!
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
:eg:
Me on Google+

#5 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,385 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

I'm hoping for an Origin, myself. 

• Burrito Boy and Durzan Malakim like this

Chris Goodwin
The Big Thread of Helpful HowtosThe Unofficial HERO System Forum | HERO System Low Heroic Protocols | Old School ChampionsHow to Play HERO System | Robot Warriors to HERO System Current Editions

There are two paths your character can take into the game: the path of the game guidelines document, or the path of the Character Approver 9000. Choose your path wisely.

#6 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,769 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Well, Donald Trump looked at the eclipse without protection.. Maybe his "Radiation Accident" will be beneficial for all of us.

• Chris Goodwin likes this

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#7 Durzan Malakim

Durzan Malakim

Competent Normal

• 138 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

I'm hoping for an Origin, myself. 

That's just what a superhero with a Secret Identity would say to make us believe he doesn't already have powers. That's right, I'm (Hunted) Watching you, sir.

• Chris Goodwin likes this

#8 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,769 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

Actually, a total solar eclipse is a great excuse for mischief with characters with darkness, stellar, or magical (particularly astrological) abilities. Powers could be gained, lost, strengthened, or modified, temporarily or permanently, in whatever ways you think would make for a fun scenario.

• Chris Goodwin and Amorkca like this

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou