I am looking for a GM (The question mark in the title was only for the brackets).
Info on me: I am in EST time zone, but can be online for a game most times unless im like working or such, but since im not busy every day, I can generally tell you when i can definitely sit down for a game.
So I have 2 options for what I want to run:
1) Is basically any DnD style campaign. I dont have any big preferences, though i hear people love Eberron.
2) Continuing the game that recently went on hiatus due to GM getting busy. Here's the pitch for that game that I posted somewhere else as well:
Hello. I am looking for a GM that would be interested in helping to continue a campaign (current GM got too busy to keep going) that is set in the GoT (Game of Thrones) universe. The details and required GM skills are listed below.
Type of campaign: Self-insert. Players have their real world knowledge and memories (including whatever we know about GoT universe).
Style: Sandbox. Each player (4 total) appeared in a body of a random person in the setting (From a slave, to a minor merchant), and can do whatever they want. Though the main goal for everyone is to stop the white walkers that are coming in a few years.
Timeline: Game starts at the beginning of the books, and uses the books as the basis (important, as books and shows differ alot).
Method of playing: Game is played over discord. The player and GM sit down for a few hours and have a session. Up to now we just used text during sessions, as it allowed for looking stuff up later, and could be played if you are on a place you can't talk.
Players: There are 4 players (me one of them). We all started in different areas, and each of us has a "boon" that we chose to start the campaign with.
1st player) Maester in training in Old town. His boon is planes Walker powers (Magic the gathering). Takes him time to ramp up his power, and the spells he learns are somewhat random, however has lots of potential.
2) Spy in kings landing. Currently scouting out the area, and hoping to kill off some more evil NPCs like Pyter Baelish. Boon: Sharingan and basic ninja training (Naruto)
3) (Me) Ex-slave who took the unsullied of Astapor and is now the king of the city. Boon: Powers of Emiya Shirou from the Fate series.
4) Mid-level merchant from Pentos. Took Daenerys from maturing Drogo, and is trying to start an industrial revolution in Pentos as well as stealing some valyrian steel and dragon eggs. Boon: Access to a D&D money-mart, with a small passive income, and ability to sell magic items (like valyrian steel) for more money to spend there.
1) You need to have read the song of ice and fire series. No way around this, it's the setting for the game, and the TV show is different in a variety of ways.
2) Several years of GM experience. While the game only has 4 players, each player is in a different area, and has their own stuff they do. So it's unlikely a new GM can handle running the game.
3) Aptitude for Political games. Of the 4 players, only 2 focus on direct combat, and even then depending on the odds, the combat doesn't need simulation, as the player would win. On the other hand one player is a trader, and another is a king. As such, much focus is placed on politics, or atleast various NPC interactions.
4) Not necessary, but it would be useful if the GM had knowledge of the Hero system. It is what was used to make our characters and their boons. Though since most skilled GMs can pick up the gist of a system (took me a few days to get the general feel for Hero system), this isn't as important as the above points.
If you are interested, please contact me so I can answer any questions you have, and to provide examples on how games were ran so far, and so on.