Know by Sight/Know Personal Information

iamlibertarian

Ultimate Mystic 115.

How would you convert that to 6E?

Here is what I have so far:

Know Personal Information:  Detect A Large Class Of Things 9- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, Rapid:  x10 (28 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Requires A Roll (11- roll; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), IIF (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

With notes: Ultimate Mystic 115. From across the room or face-face, the character can spend a moment (Phase) observing the person's actions, hear the person's speech, etc. to determine much about them. Real name or names they frequently use, occupation, where they live, other commonplace info. 

Thanks! DC :)

Make it part of the Sight Group and you can get it for a similar price without the Gestures, Incantations, Focus (???A Focus? What is the Focus?) or the Required Roll of 11 (which I presume is on top of the Perception Roll that must be made anyway?)

I See......: (Total: 23 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Detect A Large Class Of Things: Personal Information 11- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Rapid: x10 (23 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 9) END Cost 2

Also, given it's Discriminatory, Analyze, AND Rapid, a lot of info would be gained in a single phase - how often would one need to keep it running? And for such a cheap END cost (and for a power mostly used out of combat) might as well let it cost END each phase.

Of course your version has the advantage of being usable even if blindfolded, in the dark, etc.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary can C deeply even with just one I.

I don't have Ultimate Mystic in front of me. But in my current game we did something similar just using Analyze Skill. In this case the sfx was the ability to develop a detailed astrological profile of someone just from knowing where & when they were born, so it took more time. But the basic idea seems like it could apply here.

Make it part of the Sight Group and you can get it for a similar price without the Gestures, Incantations, Focus (???A Focus? What is the Focus?) or the Required Roll of 11 (which I presume is on top of the Perception Roll that must be made anyway?)

I See......: (Total: 23 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Detect A Large Class Of Things: Personal Information 11- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Rapid: x10 (23 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 9) END Cost 2

Also, given it's Discriminatory, Analyze, AND Rapid, a lot of info would be gained in a single phase - how often would one need to keep it running? And for such a cheap END cost (and for a power mostly used out of combat) might as well let it cost END each phase.

Of course your version has the advantage of being usable even if blindfolded, in the dark, etc.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary can C deeply even with just one I.

Thanks, in my head I had it in the Sight group, lol, so will add that. As for the Focus, I meant that to be IAF glasses. As for the roll, I forgot to switch it to Skill roll (Sorcery). Basically I was glancing through Ultimate Mystic and had this cool picture in my head of how to tailor it to my character.

Basically I am trying to use the Ultimate Mystic version as a base, convert it to 6E, tailor it to my character, and have it be a kind of "Sherlock Holmes glance across the room and gather a lot of info in a short time, but mystically boosted," kind of thing. i want it to remain inobvious, but have no problem with perceptive people getting the creeps for being stared at...hard... and having them react in whichever way is normal for them.

I will make the changes you suggest for the reasons you suggest. Thanks again!