Vixen from DC Comics?

DJWebb2

She only occasionally shapeshifts - normally she does the Animal Man schtick and channels Animal Powers.

I'd run it as an Animal Power VPP with Shapeshift an occasional power rather than Multiform. Her displayed powers are varied enough that a Multipower probably wouldn't be flexible enough.

Her claws seem to always be around - probably buy those and the animal communication thing outside the VPP.

There's a Complication from using her powers (could be Side Effects, could be Psych - in come cases could be an Enraged) - she can be overwhelmed by the Red and take on animal behaviour.

However you decide to write it up, do yourself and your GM a favor and pre-write 15 to 20 different animals and that way you can shift back and forth in the middle of a fight without dragging things down to a dead stop. Vixen tends to shift four or more times during a fight.

Making things easy for the game and the other players will help make your character well liked. Characters who are disliked by GM's and the other players seldom provide much joy to their creators.

I'm not sure it need to have different animal write ups.  Basically she can fly, swim with appropriate life support, have the strength of an elephant (density increase) or whale, gorilla powers (STR and swinging), clinging, hka (claws).  Most of these powers could be handled in a mulitpower, with some secondary powers like enhanced senses linked to other powers.

I'm really unfamiliar with the character.  I've never read anything with her featured in it, and the only thing I remember seeing her in was an episode or two of the Justice League Unlimited cartoon.  In that, she was basically a martial artist with a decent sized multipower that boosted her stats.

So I'd make her a martial artist who was a tier below your game's dedicated martial artists.  So if Captain Kung Fu has 12D6 punches at 11 OCV, then Vixen probably needs 10D6 punches at 9 OCV.  On top of that, give her a MP that can bump her up in maybe one or two areas temporarily.  So, one slot would give +30 Str, and +15 PD and ED.  It's called "elephant powers".  Another slot would have +5 Dex, D6+1 HKA, +15" Running.  It's called "cheetah powers".  Give her maybe 6 or 7 slots for things that she'll commonly use, and that's all you need.  If she wants to pull out different powers later, you can always add another slot.

But that's presuming the comic book character is similar to the cartoon version.

Unlike Animal Man, Vixen's not as dependent on the wildlife around her. I would go with a MP with ultra slots like "Flight of the Eagle", "Strength of the Gorilla", "Charge of the Elephant" etc. To my knowledge, she's never shapeshifted, but does have a totem aura that flashes around her (which would be a visible power effect). Her amulet would be the source of her powers (IAF, potentially with a gesture effect "must touch amulet to gain power"). Animal Man, on the other hand, would be more likely to have a VPP dependent on the animals around him.