Martial Grab Question

iamlibertarian

Example: Tiger and Sabertooth Tiger, Bestiary 440.

Neither of them have a Grab maneuver, where they can grab a prey by the neck and not let go with their HKA teeth. Probably easy enough to just add a Grab to the Tigers abilities, but the rules (6E2 62) only mention a Squeeze, Slam, or Throw.

What would best represent jaws which lock on and continue doing the bite damage each phase until the Grab (or whatever power) is broken?

Thanks!

DC

Nothing in the RAW prevents a Tiger from performing a normal Grab (which is a standard maneuver available to all), and following it with a Squeeze or Slam (which are sub-actions of the Grab Maneuver that deal STR-based Damage to the victim). I cannot find explicit rules support for it in CC/FHC, but I would probably allow the Tiger to perform the Squeeze action with their HA or HKA Bite​ (plus their strength) given the special effects involved.

However, I'm pretty sure you can also just purchase Martial Grab as part of an "Tiger Style" Martial Art (perhaps with Martial Escape and Defensive Strike), and define Claws and Bite​ as its weapon elements. Thus explicitly allowing you to perform a Martial Grab using an HA or HKA Claw or Bite​, and substitute your Strength with your HA/HKA (Which you may then add your STR back into because HA/HKA explicitly allows you to do so).