10 REC 4

40 END 0

40 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

4" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 155

Cost Power

Star Guard Uniform, all slots OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

20 1)  Protective Uniform: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

7 2)  Anti-Grav Weave: Gliding 10" (10 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

6 3)  Communications Uplink: HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Sense Affected As  Sight And Hearing As Well As Radio Group (-1/2), OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

3 4)  Energy Vision: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

3 5)  Enhanced Optics: +4 PER with Normal Sight (4 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

5 6)  Enviromental Protection: Life Support  (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (10 Active Points); OAF (-1)

5 7)  Mental Protection: Mental Defense (10 points total) (8 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

3 8)  Power Defense: Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

13 9)  Star Battery: Endurance Reserve  (100 END, 10 REC) (20 Active Points); OIF (Focus (Uniform; -1/2)

33 Star Staff: Multipower, 50-point reserve,  (50 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)

3u 1)  Starbolt: Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3u 2)  Starstun: Energy Blast 5d6, No Normal Defense (defense is ED Force Field; +1) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3u 3)  Starflare: Sight Group Flash 5d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Explosion (+1/2) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3u 4)  Energy Field: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (Protect Carried Items) (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

2u 5)  Staff Strike: (Total: 37 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15) plus Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2)

1u 6)  Staff Techniques: +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Only for Bind, Disarm, & Leverage (-1/4)

3u 7)  Combat: Flight 20", Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3u 8)  Subsonic: Flight 10", MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Noncombat acceleration/deceleration (+1) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 119

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Odrugaran Staff-Fighting

4 1)  Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 2)  Bind:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, 30 STR

4 3)  Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm roll

5 4)  Jab:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Weapon  Strike

4 5)  Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike

5 6)  Smash:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +4 DC Strike

1 7)  Weapon Element:  HTH, Star Staff

Martial Arts Cost: 27

Cost Skill

0 Acting 8-

0 AK: Campaign City (Everyman Skill) 11-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Concealment 14-

0 Conversation 8-

3 Criminology 14-

3 Deduction 14-

0 Language:  English (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 Paramedics 14-

3 Persuasion 14-

0 PS: Star Marshal (Everyman Skill) 11-

3 Scholar

1 1)  KS:  Galactic Criminal Underworld (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2)  KS: Criminal Law & Procedures (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3)  KS: Galactic Criminal Law & Procedure (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4)  KS: Milky Way Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5)  KS: Odrugaran Staff-Fighting (2 Active Points) 11-

1 6)  KS: Sentient Species of the Milky Way Galaxy (2 Active Points) 11-

1 7)  KS: Star Guard (2 Active Points) 11-

1 8)  KS: The Criminal Underworld (2 Active Points) 11-

1 9)  KS: The Law Enforcement World (2 Active Points) 11-

0 10)  KS: The Superhuman World (Everyman Skill) 11-

0 Seduction (Charm) 8-

0 Shadowing 8-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 14-

2 Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 14-

3 Tactics 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

1 TF:  Small Motorized Ground Vehicles (Everyman Skill), Star Guard Spacecraft

1 WF:  Clubs, Fist-Loads, Staffs, Unarmed Combat

Skills Cost: 49

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

5 Distinctive Features:  Star Guard Uniform (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Dependent NPC:  Star Guard Marshal & Partner 14- (As powerful as the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

10 Hunted:  Police 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; Watching)

15 Hunted:  Reavers (Hzeel Slavers) 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted:  The Warlord (Alien Tech Hunter) 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Complication:  Code vs Murder (Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Complication:  Devoted to the Star Guard Ideals and Mission (Common; Strong)

15 Social Complication:  Secret ID Frequently, Major

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 50

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Background/History: Aiden O'Connor was born in Amarillo, Texas on July 3rd 1988 (26yrs old) to Ronan O'Connor, a Texan Roughneck  and Heather (nee Huhn) O'Connor, a Physiotherapist. An only child he was raised by his maternal grandparents. 

He was raised catholic and attended jesuit schools until he was 13yrs old. Excelled in academics and athletics. His best friend is Caitlin Ryan, the girl next door and schoolmate. The two were inseparable. 

Until he and his family vanished hiking in the Panhandle Plains Wildlife Trail in 2001. 

They were kidnapped by Roin'esh slavers, taken off world, and sold into slavery. Aiden was torn from his parents sold to a Hzeel smuggler. Life as a slave is hard, even harder for a human among aliens. 

One of the crew was a deep cover Star*Guard Marshal. He protected the young human, taught him to survive, and when the Star*Guardian took them into custody.  

They searched for years for Aiden's parents. In that time he impressed the Star*Guard with his bravery, honour  and morality. In 2009, the Star*Guard sent him to earth in pursuit of Roin'esh slavers. He managed to track down the crew, but the Captain escaped. He continues to hunt the Roin'esh Boss to this day. 

He returned home to Amarillo, Texas and reunited with his remaining family. His hunt brought him into contact with Earth's Supervillains.  

Personality/Motivation: <<<Work in Progress>>>

Powers/Tactics: Aiden O'Connor wields the traditional Star*Staff and has been extensively trained in Star*Guard fighting techniques and tactics. As of 2014 he has nearly a decade experience using his powers and wits to fight all sorts of crime and evil, so it’s difficult to surprise or trick him. 

Quotes: “That’s far enough. In the name of the Star*Guard, surrender at once!... or I’ll do what- ever it takes to stop you.”

Appearance: As Star*Marshal he wears a long-sleeved royal blue jacket/ tunic that buttons down the far right side of the chest, with silver buttons, piping, and highlights. On the left breast of the jacket (above where the heart would be in a Human) is the Star*Guard symbol, a four-pointed silver star-and-circle.

The jacket/tunic has a stiff, high collar that protects most of a typical humanoid’s neck. His gloves are silver and flared. His pants and belt are black with a thin blue stripe down the outer side of each leg that matches the jacket/tunic; his boots are silver with turned-down cuffs.

He carries the famed Star*Staff, a gold-colored staff that’s as tall as he is. It’s got a glowing golden orb on top and is shod at the bottom with a bronze coloured metal.   

Campaign Use/Sub Plots:

I do not confuse both books, but I use alot of CB in GC.

I intended to use lots of the work that had been done by Darren Watts, Steve long, etc, in Galactic Champions, both by respect to their work, and because I am not good enough in english to paraphrase them. 

But I intended to extend their work in specific spots and ways, to make it my own 6th ed vision.

Speaking of which, would any of you be ok to review my Champions Team and give me a feedback ?

Opale, gathering intel

I do not confuse both books, but I use alot of CB in GC.

I intended to use lots of the work that had been done by Darren Watts, Steve long, etc, in Galactic Champions, both by respect to their work, and because I am not good enough in english to paraphrase them.

But I intended to extend their work in specific spots and ways, to make it my own 6th ed vision.

Speaking of which, would any of you be ok to review my Champions Team and give me a feedback ?

Opale, gathering intel

Sure. I'll tell you what I think.

Here's the Background for the Campaign I'm Proposing for Galactic Champions:

Once,Earth was a lush and peaceful planet with animals and resources for all to use,then in the following centuries,war and pollution took its toll and the defenders of the earth the superheroes were destroyed along with the supervillains thanks to an insidious purge instigated by a cabal of criminals called the ELITE. This cabal then took over the earth,smashing the governments into submission with it's Militaire forces,squelching human rights and free will and scientific development except for what they can control.

in a few short years the ELITE has conquered the world, placing a few thousand as its synchophants and supporters creating a totalitarian regime. They spent their time in developing weapons to conquer space and the civilized planets.

Years passed expanding into centuries as the earth became a war-torn polluted  planet in which a few floating cities exist above the skies while the populance of each nation labored below as slaves dreaming of freedom  and prosperity.

Unknown to the Elite however, a few of the superhumans survived  forming a foundation of freedom and justice in a hidden city called TERMINUS which orbits above the earth around the moon.

Transporting human workers and dessidents from earth slowly at first, then increased in numbers until half the population of each nation on earth has been teleported  to TERMINUS, leaving behind only a few to allay their suspicions.

Using the technologies given to them by many peaceful alien races, the superhumans led by the Scientist General CALISTRAX created a fleet of starcraft equipped with hyperdrives[FTL Devices] allowing them to open the doors to the stars.During the journeys the fleet dispersed to many exoplanets created by the Federation Galactica and the  Spiral Arm Empire hidden throughout the Milky Way Galaxy as sanctuaries for the fugitive Terrans.

They also ,through genetic engineering and alien technology, created super-humans ,young teenagers with superpowers who are engineered to protected the Human Race from the Elite's greedy grasp. Each super is educated in the use of their powers and the fighting arts of earth, thier mission is to protect humanity helping the good in it to survive and flourish.

The superhumans also extracted the accumulated knowledge of the world from each nation to distribute to the colonies to enable them to grow into planetary nations and never to repeat the mistakes their ancestors made on earth.

By the time the Elite realized what had happened,it was far too late to recapture or persue them through space. Using the technologies stolen from alien travelers the Militaires created their own ships to recapture and bring back their escaped slaves only to be sent back in defeat  by their encounter with super humans protecting the colonies.

This is the year 4019. THE SUPERHUMANS HAVE RETURNED!

Edited by PhantomGM2602

@ Phantom : I llike the setting you push,but like I said, I think I'll try to stick to the setting provided by Darren Watts , Steve Long, etc, and then include new stuff into it. But I can see a way or two to use your good idea.

@LL : Yes Ro'inesh, and other aliens didn't got developed enough (or in books I don't own) to be really useful; I think lot of work is to be done on the 5-6 major species ruling the galaxy

I think I saw info about varanyi alien species in one of the old 4th ed books; maybe ultimate mentalist or such; can anyone confirm ?

btw, i was able to edit the whole GC book in a word format, which will be handy to add and update things,  woot !

Opale, editing a galaxy

Opale, if you don't have it, I strongly suggest picking up Terran Empire for the Star Hero line. For a project like yours, it would add a lot of details to the majority of official alien races and civilizations, which don't appear in the Champions line books. It's also a well-written and entertaining book in its own right. You can buy the PDF version for $10.00 US from the Hero website store, or $12.50 for hardcopy and PDF (plus shipping of course).

Opale, if you don't have it, I strongly suggest picking up Terran Empire for the Star Hero line. For a project like yours, it would add a lot of details to the majority of official alien races and civilizations, which don't appear in the Champions line books. It's also a well-written and entertaining book in its own right. You can buy the PDF version for $10.00 US from the Hero website store, or $12.50 for hardcopy and PDF (plus shipping of course).

Hi LL

Yes, I do own the Terran Empire book already, issue is it stayed in France (I only have pdf with me in China.). And I need to produce some documents with the China banks in order to buy something online. Might get solved in few weeks.

@ Megaplayboy : thanks for the tips, I will look at it.

Thanks Phantom.

And btw, as I'm mostly using the excellent work made by the previous authors of GC, I'm reviewing the B&W pictures used to illustrate the book.

Does anyone know of good superheroic and galactic pictures I could use to create this fanmade 6th ed ?

Any help welcome :)

Opale, looking for dreamful pictures

Hmm, I did sort of wonder at the party balance of Champions 3000 straight from the book.  Sort of good to know that my concerns were valid.

But that leads into one thought for the book, a section talking about how to handle uneven parties.  Because not every character concept makes sense to have a 20 DC attack. But some villains have to be able to take such hits without crumpling, which can make people with 12 or 14 DCs feel impotent.  Or maybe ways to cut back on the DCs even while letting characters push small asteroids around.

Also, perhaps a bit on the logistics of adventuring and tracking with casual interstellar travel.  Because Galactic Champions really does sound like it wants you to bop around much of the galaxy while you are at it.

Also, I think it might be nice to have a second example team of heroes, but at a lower power level than the Champions 3000.  Might be a good place to work in the LoSH reference.  Hmm, maybe have University Planet, which also has preparatory levels, as the nucleus for the team?  And that the PCs would be a sub-team they recruited, and on the planet because someone in the administration likes the idea of superpower scholarships.  As good an excuse as any why teenagers are running around largely unsupervised. :)

Hmm, I did sort of wonder at the party balance of Champions 3000 straight from the book.  Sort of good to know that my concerns were valid.

But that leads into one thought for the book, a section talking about how to handle uneven parties.  Because not every character concept makes sense to have a 20 DC attack. But some villains have to be able to take such hits without crumpling, which can make people with 12 or 14 DCs feel impotent.  Or maybe ways to cut back on the DCs even while letting characters push small asteroids around.

Also, perhaps a bit on the logistics of adventuring and tracking with casual interstellar travel.  Because Galactic Champions really does sound like it wants you to bop around much of the galaxy while you are at it.

Also, I think it might be nice to have a second example team of heroes, but at a lower power level than the Champions 3000.  Might be a good place to work in the LoSH reference.  Hmm, maybe have University Planet, which also has preparatory levels, as the nucleus for the team?  And that the PCs would be a sub-team they recruited, and on the planet because someone in the administration likes the idea of superpower scholarships.  As good an excuse as any why teenagers are running around largely unsupervised. :)

When I did a Legion of Super-Heroes inspired game I had each player create three heroes - all built on different point-bases (150, 250, and 375 - this was 4th edition).  Anytime there was a break point in the plot players could swap out characters, none of your three characters could accumulate more then an a 10 point XP differential from the others (to force you to play all of them at some point).  It worked better than you'd expect, and gave the games some of the "you've got Invisible Kid on the same team as Mon-El?" feel.

I've got some of the notes from this campaign (incomplete and poorly edited) online here http://www.herostuff.net/campaigns/c3k/index.html if anyone is interested.