Sign in to follow this  
Tech priest support

Halloween horror films.

Trick R Treat is one of my favorites.  A nice little anthology film that actually tries to be scary rather then just gory.

The original Halloween is a must of course, I'm fond of some of the sequels too but the original is by far the best.

I'm not generally a fan of horror, but I'm always willing to recommend the original The Night Stalker, starring Darren McGavin. One of the first modern re-definitions of the vampire myth, it's smart, stylish, and suspenseful, and holds up remarkably well considering it's a made-for-television movie from 1972. And you can watch the whole movie for free on YouTube:

The Day of the Triffids (1962) - A meteor shower all over the World has to effects.  It deposits seeds which grown into seven foot tall carnivorous plants, and it blinds most of the people on Earth.  A handful of survivors must escape England and find a way to defeat the Triffids.

Remade in 2009 as a mini-series.

I'm not generally a fan of horror, but I'm always willing to recommend the original The Night Stalker, starring Darren McGavin. One of the first modern re-definitions of the vampire myth, it's smart, stylish, and suspenseful, and holds up remarkably well considering it's a made-for-television movie from 1972. And you can watch the whole movie for free on YouTube:

This

Don't tell anybody it is free, now they'll be charging within 24 hours.

Lord of Illusions was surprisingly pretty good for what I was expecting.

Liked The Mummy, the Mummy returns was a disappointment to me.

Main draw to me was Rachel. Main drawback to The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was lack of Rachel.

Well, Mummy Returns would have at least been forgiveable, but I felt the writers butchered the Arnold Vosloo and girlfriend relationship at the end.  And for really no point, kind of an infuriating ending point to an already disappointment.

The Scorpion King was actually the 2nd best movie in that series, if you just take as a simple action movie and didn't overthink it (and well it did have Kelly Hu)

The Raven (1963) was traditional Halloween fare around here. Marketed as a horror film, and played at horror anthologies on TV, it is actually one of the funniest fantasy comedies ever made. If you want Halloween to be fun instead of nerve-wracking, this is your movie.

Of course, when I hear the word horror film I immediately think of 1984. But then I have an odd view of what horror is.