Halloween horror films.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Hopcroft

Michael Hopcroft

Your Tax Dollars at Play

• 26,482 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

The Raven (1963) was traditional Halloween fare around here. Marketed as a horror film, and played at horror anthologies on TV, it is actually one of the funniest fantasy comedies ever made. If you want Halloween to be fun instead of nerve-wracking, this is your movie.

Of course, when I hear the word horror film I immediately think of 1984. But then I have an odd view of what horror is.

• Lord Liaden likes this

6th Edition is for entertainment purposes only.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to make crummy re-imaginings.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

#22 Twilight

Twilight

Millennial Master

• 4,248 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Would Monster Squad count?

#23 Cassandra

Cassandra

The Supreme Know It All!

• 4,719 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Comedy of Terror (1964) - Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karoff, and Basil Rathbone in a comedy about undertaking.

"KITT was a Cylon."

#24 Cassandra

Cassandra

The Supreme Know It All!

• 4,719 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

Night of the Living Dead (1968) and (1990)

Dawn of the Dead (1979) and (2004)

Death Race 2000 (1976)

"KITT was a Cylon."

#25 Tech priest support

Tech priest support

Very High Powered Superhero

• 682 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

The blob remake 1988 was a real. Scarefest and had some truly horrific deaths. A young child was killed horribly in it so. Some people. May not like it.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be very uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor.

#26 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

The Raven (1963) was traditional Halloween fare around here. Marketed as a horror film, and played at horror anthologies on TV, it is actually one of the funniest fantasy comedies ever made. If you want Halloween to be fun instead of nerve-wracking, this is your movie.

Of course, when I hear the word horror film I immediately think of 1984. But then I have an odd view of what horror is.

I think of Fatal Attraction.

- a follower of the evil Punxsutawney Phil, devourer of the media. - I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. - Ewokses is tasty. - Badger's Ewokhunters: Where freaks and outcasts can find a home. - HELP! I am in an eccentric orbit.

#27 Tech priest support

Tech priest support

Very High Powered Superhero

• 682 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Dean Koontz's phantoms is an incredibly intelligent and well thought out horror movie. Plus Peter O'Toole is in it and drops an F bomb.
  • Nolgroth likes this
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be very uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor.

#28 Cancer

Cancer

Ontology oncology

• 50,399 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

It's a Wonderful Life

What??
... abnormal, non-Euclidean, and loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours.

#29 massey

massey

Powerful Hero

• 2,475 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Dean Koontz's phantoms is an incredibly intelligent and well thought out horror movie. Plus Peter O'Toole is in it and drops an F bomb.

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

#30 Pariah

Pariah

21st Century Schizoid Dad

• 15,462 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness. Groovy.

The Addams Family and Addams Family Values. Perhaps not horror movies in the traditional sense, but who cares? Raul Julia, Angelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd, Christina Ricci...the casting was perfect.

Psycho. The original , of course.

Sinclair: "No boom?"
Garibaldi: "No boom."
Ivanova: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."

#31 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:34 PM

The first 2 Leprechaun movies (can also watch in March)

- a follower of the evil Punxsutawney Phil, devourer of the media. - I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. - Ewokses is tasty. - Badger's Ewokhunters: Where freaks and outcasts can find a home. - HELP! I am in an eccentric orbit.

#32 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,893 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

It's a Wonderful Life

What??

For the second act of the film, not too far off.

• Cancer likes this

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#33 Cassandra

Cassandra

The Supreme Know It All!

• 4,719 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

Blood Salvage (1990) - A family with a teenage daughter confined to a wheelchair ends up at an auto salvage yard in the country where they are drugged.  All except the daughter are used for body parts sold on the Black Market, while the twisted owner of the yard experiments on the daughter to restore the use of her legs.

"KITT was a Cylon."