Strength, disadvantage 'must use at full strength'?

Era Scarecrow

The X-Men is one of the few comics where characters actually grow over time.  They tend to have a cap, but they get better at using their powers.  More control, more flexibility, easier to use, etc.  Kitty Pryde is a classic example of this.  She could barely control her powers (she fell through the floor to the living room the first time her powers activated), then got mmore able to turn them on and off at will, then could desolidify only like her hands, then she could walk on air, then she could do it with someone else.  She finally got to the point she could dive into a moving car, grab someone in it, and phase them out of the car with her.

The X-Men is one of the few comics where characters actually grow over time. <snip>

Sounds like some well through out growth and good story telling.

I know X-men were more or less good at one thing within their specialty, some had no room for growth in their powers (wolverine comes to mind, can't expand much with personal regeneration), while others still have lots of room to grow.

Characters that come in as kids have an easier time getting "growth" than those that hit the ground running as competent adults. The only development Nick Fury really has in front of him is growing old and dying.

Sue Storm saw a lot of character development under John Byrne.

Characters that come in as kids have an easier time getting "growth" than those that hit the ground running as competent adults. The only development Nick Fury really has in front of him is growing old and dying.

Sue Storm saw a lot of character development under John Byrne.

As for development of Nick Fury? Try the fact that every appearance we thought was him was an Life Model Decoy, and that his really old ass was in a space station the entire time, then he killed The Watcher and is cursed with immortality and the job of forever watch the MCU.

As for development of Nick Fury? Try the fact that every appearance we thought was him was an Life Model Decoy, and that his really old ass was in a space station the entire time, then he killed The Watcher and is cursed with immortality and the job of forever watch the MCU.

Makes you wonder where they found such a competent and loyal decoy. At least Doctor Doom builds his from scratch.

Try the fact that every appearance we thought was him was an Life Model Decoy, and that his really old ass was in a space station the entire time, then he killed The Watcher and is cursed with immortality and the job of forever watch the MCU

Sounds like horrendous and idiotic writing to me.

Makes you wonder where they found such a competent and loyal decoy.

I'm not sure they ever explained where the LMDs came from, did they? Its not Stark or Richards tech

Not to nit-pick too much (okay... to nit-pick a little), but wouldn't a Psychological Complication (Must Use Full Strength) better represent the mechanics you describe? One of the principle differences between Physical and Psychological Complications is that the former does not allow EGO rolls to avoid the effect, whereas the latter explicitly does.

I chose physical limitation because its not really a mental problem which therapy can fix.  It would be like near-sightedness or having a bad leg.  I can't help being near sighted, but if a squint, I can see a little better.  I might not walk fast or stable-ly, but if I concentrate on walking I could probably walk fairly quickly and stable.