Photo
- - - - -

Video game villians you really @%#$ing HATE!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Tech priest support

Tech priest support

Very High Powered Superhero

• 682 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Name a few video game villians you really hate.

1. Bob Page from'deus ex'. The embodiment of the ''I'm rich so I'm god!!! '' mindset.

2. Sophia Lamb from bioshock 2. The embodiment of the incredibly arrogant ''I know what's best for everyone because I'm an expert on people and must force everyone to do what's best! '' mentality.

3. Andrew Ryan from bioshock. The embodiment of the ''I want a libertarian world so I can take over everyone and everything with my natural superiority!'' Mentality.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be very uncomfortable if you're one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor.

#2 Pattern Ghost

Pattern Ghost

Decuple Millennial Master

• 12,609 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:28 PM

The pig that laughs at you on Angry Birds when you fail a level.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This Week in MMOs

#3 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

Mortal Kombat 3: Motaro, couldnt get past him, Shao Kahn was easy pickings (never beat Motaro, but took over a game for somebody vs. Shao Kahn, won the only match I ever had against him)

- a follower of the evil Punxsutawney Phil, devourer of the media. - I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. - Ewokses is tasty. - Badger's Ewokhunters: Where freaks and outcasts can find a home. - HELP! I am in an eccentric orbit.

#4 mrinku

mrinku

Cosmically Powerful Superhero

• 921 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Cesare Borgia in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Just. Frikkin. DIE!!!

Also not a very nice person :)

Officer Tenpenny from GTA: San Andreas gets a dishonourable mention.

#5 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

The referee in Madden 2002 who would get right in front of me when I was returning a punt and would 1/4 a mile per hour, slowing me up, so 6 defenders could dogpile me.

I still got issues.

- a follower of the evil Punxsutawney Phil, devourer of the media. - I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. - Ewokses is tasty. - Badger's Ewokhunters: Where freaks and outcasts can find a home. - HELP! I am in an eccentric orbit.

#6 Nolgroth

Nolgroth

Medium unnatural humanoid

• 9,662 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Father from Fallout 4. I think I hate him most because of the supposed connection I (through my character) am supposed to feel for him. Also from Fallout 4, Elder Maxson. He and his Brotherhood of Steel would fit right in with the Nazi party. Come to think of it, all of the Raiders from Fallout 4. They wallow in pain and misery with decorations that would suit Pinhead's favorite suite. They interrupt their strict regimen of chemical dependency only to torture, mutilate, rape and kill anybody that catches their attention. Same thing with the Super Mutants, which is sad considering the origins in the old isometric games. 

Lord Harkon from Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion. I'm surprised that Bethesda didn't include a mustache twirling animation due to his evil for the sake of evil presentation. At least Alduin wanted to rule the world. I can sort of understand that.

Almost every boss monster in every game that includes them. Bonus hatred (bordering on soul damning, pure hot rage) to any of them that require a completely different mechanic from the rest of the game to beat. The surprising exclusion to this class is the Cyberdemon from Doom 3. Once you figure out the pattern, he is not difficult to take out.

The hillbillies from Fallout 3's expansion, Lookout Point (or something like that). They were purposefully designed to do a certain percentage of damage, no matter what your defenses are. They are also tough as hell.

I've barely scratched the surface of villains that annoy the living hell out of me. Might be several replies as we go down the list. :) 

Thank the Maker it wasn't "video game characters that really hate."  I can name dozens of those.

#7 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:37 AM

I'd love to find a way to mention my favorite Command&Conquer, but I always played the villain army in those games.  :whistle: 

#8 Pariah

Pariah

21st Century Schizoid Dad

• 15,462 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

This guy:

Cyberdemon-Doom-video-game-a.jpg

• Starlord likes this

Sinclair: "No boom?"
Garibaldi: "No boom."
Ivanova: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."

#9 death tribble

death tribble

Lolth's Pet Mischief Maker

• 34,120 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

I'd love to find a way to mention my favorite Command&Conquer, but I always played the villain army in those games.  :whistle:

So you played the Russians ?

'We will Play Nice !' - The Society of Ben

The Tribble is angry, my friend, very angry.

People are strange when you're a Tribble, faces seem ugly when you're alone.

Dictator and President for Life of the Non Gaming Discussion Forums on Hero Games.

#10 death tribble

death tribble

Lolth's Pet Mischief Maker

• 34,120 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

This guy:

Cyberdemon-Doom-video-game-a.jpg

Who is this ?

'We will Play Nice !' - The Society of Ben

The Tribble is angry, my friend, very angry.

People are strange when you're a Tribble, faces seem ugly when you're alone.

Dictator and President for Life of the Non Gaming Discussion Forums on Hero Games.

#11 massey

massey

Powerful Hero

• 2,475 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

The pig that laughs at you on Angry Birds when you fail a level.

The dog from Duck Hunt who laughs at you when you miss all your shots.

I'm kind of behind when it comes to video games.

• Pattern Ghost and tkdguy like this

#12 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

So you played the Russians ?

Some, but I played more with the Brotherhood of Nod.

Note: Actually, it was partly because their units did fit my style better.   

#13 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:36 PM

Who is this ?

From DOOM, cant remember the exact name.

#14 Sundog

Sundog

Very High Powered Superhero

• 1,271 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

That be the Cyberdemon.

• Pariah likes this
I owe Michael Hopcroft MORE Rep.

#15 IndianaJoe3

IndianaJoe3

Mad Hero System Genius

• 2,838 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:43 AM

H

Yes, it's the hydra from Angband. The only character I'd ever made it to lvl 50 with and he wound up on a level full of them, and they killed him.

#16 Certified

Certified

Insert witty title here

• 2,827 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

Lets not forget this guy

• massey likes this

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action."

--Samurai Maxim.

The Three Rivers Academy, a Metahumans Rising Actual Play  

Download Fractured Kingdom, a game of mysticism and conspiracy at DriveThruRPG

Metahumans Rising Kickstarter

#17 Badger

Badger

Anti-Social Neighbor

• 18,847 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Rugal from King of Fighters 94 was an aggravation.  Though I did beat a few times, he did have a couple of cheap moves that were unblockable, and could only be avoided if you timed a jump over him exactly right.

Interestingly my friend beat him one time only using 1 of his 3 fighters, and strangely enough it was with his normally weakest fighter, it was like all of a sudden the guy went ripped-shirt Shatner.

#18 Ternaugh

Ternaugh

#NotACrook #FakeNews

• 7,540 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Lord Harkon from Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion. I'm surprised that Bethesda didn't include a mustache twirling animation due to his evil for the sake of evil presentation. At least Alduin wanted to rule the world. I can sort of understand that.

Harkon is probably one of the most annoying characters in the game, but as someone who sports a handlebar, I'd like to state that I cannot approve any "mustache twirling", as it tends to mess up the hold of the mustache wax.

Very damaged. Zathras can never have anything nice.

I don't know what you're all talking about, but the Mustache wins. It's an irrevocable law of nature.

#19 slikmar

slikmar

Sarcastic B@st@rd

• 2,946 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Menge from Witcher 3. First time you see him, he is burning people at the stake as leader of the religious group, one of whom is a doppler Geralt knows. You run into him a few more times, finally in a scene where he sends Triss (your Witcher 2 (and possibly 3) romantic interest) and either way a long time friend, off to be tortured, which you listen too at her urging while finding out some information from Menge you need to save another friend. Fortunately, he doesnt last long past that and Triss gets to get her revenge on him. But, after meeting him the 2nd time, i kept thinking to myself - when do I get to punch this guy.

Court Death all you want, just make sure you keep your mistress, Lady Luck, happy. Quote from my brother "Wait, , she (his girlfriend) doesn't know that you are a cynical, sarcastic b*s*a*d".

Pawns of Fate, web comic done by my brother: http://pawnsoffatecomic.weebly.com/

#20 Starlord

Starlord

I was STARLORD b4 Marvel stole my name!

• 9,468 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Maul and Maven Black-Briar from Skyrim mainly because neither can be killed in the game without modding or cheats.  Maul is just an annoying bully who gets to talk to you anyway he wants.  Maven is actually a good villain, but the fact that there should have been a storyline that allows you to foil her plans and eliminate her.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]