Advantages for Frameworks

wick

Question

The wording for adding advantages to frame works is kind of unclear. It consist of 2 lines:

1) So you use just the option of "Framework Only" when applying the advantage. So if i want Armor Piercing it would bring up a 40 point mutpower pool to 60 Active points. Got it.

2) But then it talks about calculating the advantage on the slots.  I thought it was only added to the framework and not the slots?

Say I have two powers in the framework. One is a blast with no advantage but the second I want with less power but it has Armor piercing advantage.

Does adding the Armor piercing only to the multipower reserve just raise the AP of the reserve. Do I need to also add it to just the slot that I want to have AP? 

1 answer to this question

Generally speaking, characters aren't supposed to apply Advantages just to Multipower reserves. There are situations where the GM can allow it, but even then the rulebook cautions against it.

To create the two-slot Multipower you're describing, you'd buy one slot without the Advantage, and one slot with fewer d6 of effect and the Advantage. If you bought the Advantage for the Multipower itself, it would increase the Reserve's cost but not the slots' cost, though it would affect both slots.

Multipower Built Normally

60   Energy Powers:  Multipower, 60-point reserve

6f    1)  Blast 12d6

6f    2)  Blast 9d6, Armor Piercing (+1/4)

Mulitpower With Reserve Advantage

75   Energy Powers:  Multipower, 60-point reserve, all Armor Piercing (+1/4)

6f    1)  Blast 12d6

6f    2)  Blast 9d6 with some other +1/4 Advantage

I hope that answers your question. If I missed something, please post a follow-up or PM me.