HKA usable at Range CV level question.

RicoZaid

Adding the useable at range power to something makes it a ranged attack for any limitations.  So if the person being attacked by the power has, for example, DCV (only vs ranged attacks), then that bonus DCV would apply.

Or are you asking about your skill levels?  Since you never mentioned your opponent (who you are hitting with HKA (usable at range)), then your DCV doesn't seem to be applicable.  Or do you mean your character is supposed to have DCV (only applies when I make a ranged attack)?

You can use any applicable combat skill levels to modify your OCV, DCV or damage class. By default (i.e. unless otherwise mentioned) changes to DCV count against all attacks.

Specific (2pt) CSLs only ever apply to OCV.

In the case of HA with a ranged advantage, if you're using it normally any CSLs you have that apply to close combat, the maneuver used or the weapon used would apply. If you choose to use it at range, ranged combat CSLs would be used instead of close combat ones.

i.e. The Mighty Roht has a 6d6 HA, Ranged, OAF hammer, as well as 2x3pt CSLs with the power, 2x8pt CSLs with Close Combat and 2x3pt CSLs with Haymaker, Strike and Disarm.

If she simply smashes a nearby target in close combat (Strike maneuver) all 6 CSLs count and can be allocated to OCV, DCV or damage class as desired. DCV levels won't help against ranged attacks.

If she uses it at range to disarm another target, only the skill levels with the power and the maneuver (4 in total) can be used. DCV levels won't help against close combat attacks.

If she uses it at range to perform a Block (assuming the GM agrees it appropriate) only the 2 CSLs with the power can be used (and again won't count against close combat).

If she Dodges and puts all her CSLs on defense, only the power ones will always apply - the Close Combat levels do not count vs ranged attacks and the maneuver ones won't help against other maneuvers (i.e. Grab or Trip). The GM might also be playing that only "all combat" CSLs can add to DCV against some or all ranged attacks, in which case only the DCV bonus from Dodge will count.