Pumping a power

Foxiekins

I have an NPC that I'm having trouble converting over to 6th edition.  He had a hammer, and whenever he hit things with it, any damage stopped by the PD of whatever he hit caused the hammer to heat up and become hot.  In prior versions of the game, I did this with absorption into an END Reserve, and the Reserve fed a power proportionally linked to the Reserve.  I don't see any way to do this with the way the rules for Absorption are written in 6th Edition...  Any suggestions...?

You could also have a conditional recovery for the END Reserve.  That would mean that the REC would kick in if damage from the Hammer was blocked by PD, and limited based on the amount of damage blocked.  I would also have the END reserve leak END (it was a custom limitation when I last built something like this) but the reserve will slowly empty if not used - that reflects the Hammer cooling down.

Doc