Sign in to follow this  
Tech priest support

real stuff to put in your games.

I heard about chlorine triflouride in "freefall". I had to look it up.

Guys, this xxxx is so nasty you ought to look at adding it to some games.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/07/chlorine-trifluoride-aka-chemical-can-set-fire-glass/

OTOH, if something like "the blob" were to ever actually get loose in the real world this would likely be what i'd drop on it....

That would be a neat trick for someone with transmutation powers (like Element Lad of the Legion Of Super Heroes) to add to their repertoire-- 

PC: "I turn the gunpowder in their bullets to Chlorine Triflouride!"

GM: "The robbers guns begin to melt from the inside out. They wail in surprise, drop their weapons and surrender."

PC: "Yes!  I turn the chlorine triflouride to water before it does any more damage."

GM: "You know, you could have just turned the gunpowder to water in the first place."

PC: "Yeah--but this is more fun!"

GM: "Can't argue with you there."

I heard about chlorine triflouride in "freefall". I had to look it up.

Guys, this xxxx is so nasty you ought to look at adding it to some games....

For more chemical nasties, find a chemist's blog named In The Pipeline and select items there tagged as Things I Won't Work With.

FOOF is another happy fun substance.

There's also an old US Coastal Artillery fort, Fort Worden, that is now a WA state park. The guns and mountings are gone but the concrete works are still in place. Fun place to walk around in, and the maps etc are easily found. 12-inch guns were the biggest things it had, but had an assortment of calibers down to 6-inch, including some large-caliber mortars. It was built as one of three forts making interlocking fire to deny enemy naval forces from reaching Puget Sound. Date of the fort is first decade 20th Century, so it is a plausible steampunk sort of place, maybe stretching into WW1 or the 1920s.