buzz

config.yml overwritten each time HD is started

I edited the config.yml file in order to experiment with the fillin_font for the PDF Export feature.

I notice that each time I launch HD6.jar, the file is overwritten and set back to the defaults.

I've used both BBEdit and nano (command line) to make edits, and that doesn't seem to make any difference. Just figured I'd check.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior?

• Build 20171016
  • macOS 10.12.6
  • Java 8 Update 151

Aside: It doesn't matter what kind of edits I make — comments or editing parameters — the file still gets overwritten.

The file appears to get left alone if it has not been edited, i.e., once it has been reset, I don't see HD touching it anymore.

The file is overwritten from a copy in the HD6.jar file when the print process is first launched. The only way to have edits “stick” would be to edit the copy in the .jar file...and then make sure to repeat/copy those edits whenever you pull a new update down.

The file is overwritten from a copy in the HD6.jar file when the print process is first launched. The only way to have edits “stick” would be to edit the copy in the .jar file...and then make sure to repeat/copy those edits whenever you pull a new update down.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the answer!

Let me put in a feature request for honoring the config.yml file in /resources so users don't have to mess with the .jar (or install the JDK).